1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 MySql prepare error?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by kiracastle, Jun 2, 2014.

1. kiracastle

kiracastle New Member

Hi there,

I've just uploaded xenforo 1.3 to a new website and adjusted the config.php file (in libraries for the db) to point to the database however I get this error.

(the db is brand new)

Just wondering if anyone knows the fix for this issue? Thanks heaps.

Server Error
    Mysqli prepare error: Table 'minesauce.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 64
    6. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getFromDb() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 34
    7. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 730
    8. XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
    9. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 922
    10. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 953
    11. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 943
    12. XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 419
    13. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 50
    14. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
    15. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
    16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in/hermes/bosoraweb012/b116/dom.haydzcraftcom1/public_html/minesauce/forums/install/index.php at line 18
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is this an existing installation or a new one?
    The error indicates the table is missing from the database.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That appears to indicate that you copied the files for an existing installation but not the database.

For a new install you need to empty data and internal_data. Then it will prompt you to run a new install.

Or to move an existing forum you must also copy the database.
  4. kiracastle

kiracastle New Member

Thank you Jake, that's exactly what I needed to do. :D Sorry for my noobiness. But its all great now! Cheers