1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 MySQL errors during installation

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by AlM, Mar 29, 2014.

1. AlM

AlM New Member

Hello, I've tried to install XenForo 1.3.0 and got these messages:

I wonder, why is this happening and how to fix it?

2. AlM

AlM New Member

BTW, my hosting provider says that I get these messages, because I have just 256 Mb of RAM on my Linux VDS account. Is this truth that 256 Mb is not enough for XenForo? Or my provider just wants to sell me more expensive VDS service?

PS: I've installed XenForo from the 4th try, but now I get same error as posted above or 500 server error when I'm trying to import language file.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That may not be enough RAM when doing installs and upgrades due to the amount of processing which occurs.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

256MB is really nothing for a whole OS, a web server, PHP processes and a MySQL database. This is an error indicating that MySQL is closing the connection. There may be more information in MySQL's error log.

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Minimal I personally would use would be 512MB. More confortable would be a 1GB one. On all my VPS's that I have created I have a variable amount defined of a minimum of 512MB up to a max (on my "more important" forum) of 4GB.