MySQL 5.6 --- Released

Is XenForo compatible with MySQL 5.6?
Good question....

Answer: Don't know.

I kept updating from the beta to the stable without issue. But on another system I did a fresh install and had some issues. And on another system a fresh install, but with no issues.

Now if this was just me alone, I could just guess that 1 time was maybe a bad install. But even Chris Deeming said he tried with some issues (hope I'm not getting people mixed up). But someone else said its working flawlessly for them.

So... maybe?

I guess this reply is my way of encouraging others to give it a try on a test box.... :)

5.5 is still in Alfa...
PHP 5.5 alpha 5 is the last Alpha. Its feature set now and we will see a release in the near future. The Gold release was planned for next week, but has been postponed a little to ensure MySQL 5.6 compatibility.

PHP 5.5 alpha 5 is the last Alpha. Its feature set now and we will see a release in the near future. The Gold release was planned for next week, but has been postponed a little to ensure MySQL 5.6 compatibility.

Then it'll be in Beta a week today, when is 5.5 and 1.2 going GA?

I think compatibility is as far as it should go for now.

5.6 is already on ubuntu servers. I got it as default when I installed the OS a couple days ago so it shouldn't take long for the rest to get it.

Hurry up Percona!
Is converting from mySQL to percona a simple matter of exporting your DB, installing percona and then importing the DB back? From what little I read it's plug and play replacement using same my.cnf and stuff.

Is converting from mySQL to percona a simple matter of exporting your DB, installing percona and then importing the DB back? From what little I read it's plug and play replacement using same my.cnf and stuff.
Its actually easier than that.

I always backup my database anytime I upgrade mysql or switch to something else.

In Debian or Ubuntu for example... After you add percona to your repository list.... Use aptitude to install it. It will remove stock MYSQL and replace it with Percona without having to import or export your database.

Once installed.... Basically treat it just like you would MySQL.

Its actually easier than that.

I always backup my database anytime I upgrade mysql or switch to something else.

In Debian or Ubuntu for example... After you add percona to your repository list.... Use aptitude to install it. It will remove stock MYSQL and replace it with Percona without having to import or export your database.

Once installed.... Basically treat it just like you would MySQL.
Now officially running Percona. It does seem a little faster for the site from initial look. Just the one more reason I'm glad I went with Debian on the VPS. Took all of 5 minutes to move over!

Top Bottom