MyGallery - Feature Storm

Cupara

I am starting on MyGallery in about a week, this system will be a full fledge image gallery where users can create their own albums, store photos for private or public view, as well the system will allow either photos to be stored in the database or a file system. I intend to use the FlashUploader of XenForo to upload photos unless I come across an excellant alternative such as AJAX/jQuery.

So if there are features others would like to see then post them, any donations that are offered or given will bring you into the Alpha, followed by a license of the first stable release, from time of stable release will your year of upgrades and support begin.

Lets see those feature ideas, any donators must contact me via PC.

The first Alpha build I expect out by July 27th.

NOTE: You do not need to donate, if you do, any amount above $10 will guarantee you Alpha/Beta testing and a free license of first stable version.

Planned Price: TBA

There are a lot of 'gallery feature ideas' here on xenforo.com, but I know that I would need simple things that add to the 'community feel' and aid in the participation aspect of the sites such as....
  • Ability to like picture (with alert to member who posted picture and activity shown on newsfeed/recent activity page)
  • Ability to like album (with alert to member who posted folder and activity shown on newsfeed/recent activity page)
  • Ability to 'share' or have a bbcode that can be clicked/copied and then pasted in a post to share with others
  • Ability to display random, featured and new pictures on 'gallery home page' as well as a side 'block' with same information
....those are just the first things that popped into my mind. I'm sure that others will have A TON more ideas. :)

1. Public Albums
2. Private Albums
3. Global Albums (Anyone Can Add Photos)
4. Member's Only Albums (Only logged in members can view) - Would be best set as a usergroup permission.
5. Followed Albums (Only Members You Follow Can View)
6. Custom Albums (Only Members You Add In the Box Below Can View)
7. Add an option that allows members to rate pictures in their album from 1 to 10 stars.
8. Import from XFR User Albums.
9. Comments and likes.
10. Both Forum home and album home widgets such as last X albums, most liked, most commented, most liked images, recent images and recent comments and if you add ratings, top rated images or albums if albums can be rated.
11. Social sharing options such as likes, tweets etc and Facebook Opengraph support so that the image shows in fb when liked.
12. Album activity must show up in recent activity unless it was a private action. Stupid photopost actually shows recent private images in their widget is an example of what I mean although unrelated.

Most of what I mentioned is available for xenforo but spread across the different galleries (XFR User Albums, Photopost for Xenforo).

One more suggestion, integrate this with your points and portal addon and some peeps would have no choice but to buy it ;)

I've had too many issues with the free points and portal addon but no reason to buy an alternative, so if you can integrate your addons together please do.

I am starting on MyGallery in about a week, this system will be a full fledge image gallery where users can create their own albums, store photos for private or public view, as well the system will allow either photos to be stored in the database or a file system. I intend to use the FlashUploader of XenForo to upload photos unless I come across an excellant alternative such as AJAX/jQuery.

So if there are features others would like to see then post them, any donations that are offered or given will bring you into the Alpha, followed by a license of the first stable release, from time of stable release will your year of upgrades and support begin.

Lets see those feature ideas, any donators must contact me via PC.

The first Alpha build I expect out by July 27th.

NOTE: You do not need to donate, if you do, any amount above $10 will guarantee you Alpha/Beta testing and a free license of first stable version.
I'd recommend you ask Pepelac to continue the work on his already excellent XF Album add-on. The only thing it needs is further development. Nothing has happened with it for quite some time. No need to reinvent the wheel when its already there.

I saw that he is coming out with his own arcade and integrating it with his points system. I also saw that he originally developed xfarcade.

Pepelac won't work with mythocal or any other developer cause xfr user albums is his baby. Don't even bother asking.

Mythotical just do your thing and if its dope we'll buy it. Screw having to rely on others.

A good recent images would help.
I'd like to see a list of thumbnails of the most recent 50 images when someone clicks on the Gallery tab.

Good SEO for the images would be nice. They should retain their names. The images should be easily renameable.

A Photopost imported would be awesome too. :)

I currently have my images in Photopost (majority) and Pepelac's modification (small amount). Would be good to have them all in one nice looking gallery.

A Photopost imported would be awesome too. :)

I currently have my images in Photopost (majority) and Pepelac's modification (small amount). Would be good to have them all in one nice looking gallery.

I'm really surprised All Enthusiast themselfs haven't written a bridge to xF for both PhotoPost and ReviewPost.

I'm really surprised All Enthusiast themselfs haven't written a bridge to xF for both PhotoPost and ReviewPost.
Photopost can be used alongside the XenForo user database and therefore logins, etc.

Software feels very dated now (layout has not really improved since vb2 in my opinion) and the style integration with XenForo is dreadful.

It would be great if you could follow the design of the resources add-on. Allow the admin to create categories. Display them in the same. Underneath you can show most popular tags (allow users to tag their own images).

Show most viewed resources. Most viewed resources in past week (configurable by admin to other time limits). Newest photos.

List them like the resources does but have a larger image of the photo instead of the user's image and set an option for number of photos per page. Pagination is a must. I have had albums with over 200 images.

My site doesn't really need the grouping of images into album. When you view a picture, you should see similar images (based on tags / category) and other images in the album along the side.

On the resources home page, where it says "Any Paid Free", you could change it to "Any Albums Photos".

If I have a right to request I will request to use HTML5 for File Uploading (with drag & drop). This's so great!
It's time to end Flash life.

Top Bottom