MyBB to XenForo

José Guedes

Hello, I run a forum using MyBB 1.6 (forums.superialbuilders.com) and I would like to know if there is a way to convert the databases to XenForo and keeping the passwords, instead of asking someone to convert the database to VB3 and then from that to XenForo.

I haven't heard anything about a MyBB converter, though I suppose there'll probably be one eventually.
I figure the fastest way to get XF would be the MyBB -> vB -> XF route though.

Just be patient, really. You have to wait till other converters come out. Obviously, vBulletin 3/4 get the priority, because the main target is there. I'm told MyBB is very structurally similar to vBulletin, so a conversion from MyBB might be quicker.

Just be patient, really. You have to wait till other converters come out. Obviously, vBulletin 3/4 get the priority, because the main target is there. I'm told MyBB is very structurally similar to vBulletin, so a conversion from MyBB might be quicker.
Thats not the reason for vB having a converter already setup; they already have the converter for vB3 (vB4 hasn't had a converter made yet), is because Mike and Kier were the ones that developed vB3.

Their main target is anyone that plans to use XF :p

Yes I have a MyBB forum that I'd like to import my member over to xenForo. Chances are it won't be released as fast as I'd like it to so I'll have to go down the MyBB -> vB3 -> xenForo route.

But yes I'm in favor of a MyBB importer :)

xenForo is still young so there might not be any of these second tier converters for a while. but there is a vB to xenForo converter and we can use vB's age and it's arsonel of converters to our advantage. Use vBulletin's converters to convert your board to vB and then use xenForo's vb to xf to convert your vb board to xf. you'll have to borrow a test license from someone. SHouldn't be hard with all the gruntled vb users out there. Hell ill even lend you my vb3 license to do the double converter if your planning on moving to xenforo.

xenForo is still young so there might not be any of these second tier converters for a while. but there is a vB to xenForo converter and we can use vB's age and it's arsonel of converters to our advantage. Use vBulletin's converters to convert your board to vB and then use xenForo's vb to xf to convert your vb board to xf. you'll have to borrow a test license from someone. SHouldn't be hard with all the gruntled vb users out there. Hell ill even lend you my vb3 license to do the double converter if your planning on moving to xenforo.

Well, but don't you think that its a bit hard to do for some people, just imagine that they don't find someone to convert their forums to vb?
If the converter was easly found in the internet, well that would be a option that many would take.
I don't have any problem with the converter from MyBB to VB, a friend gladly offered to do that for me.

Top Bottom