MyBB 1.6.x to Xenforo?

Joshua

I have two forums I'd like to convert from MyBB to Xenforo. Has anyone successfully done this yet? I realize gconverter does this but I'd rather not use that service. If I have to do an intermediate merger, would vB or phpBB be preferable?

Thanks in advance

I use vB only because I know that software really well.

I am good with double imports if you want me to take a look. I just need a copy of your database assuming it's not really big.

I have two forums I'd like to convert from MyBB to Xenforo. Has anyone successfully done this yet? I realize gconverter does this but I'd rather not use that service. If I have to do an intermediate merger, would vB or phpBB be preferable?

Thanks in advance

I have done phpBB to xenForo and it was painless. The only thing you need to do with phpBB is when your attachments are moved to phpBB, to make sure that you download the attachments in BINARY mode and not ACSII. Else they will be corrupted.

Other than that, phpBB to xenForo works and keeps you from giving money to IB :)

Thanks in advance
YES

I recently helped someone move from MyBB to phpBB and then onto XenForo. You shouldn't have any issues.

I just completed a test (without x-fering attachments) of migration from MyBB 1.6.x to vBulletin 3.8.7 to Xenforo 1.1.2
I am missing 4 posts, 10 threads, 15 members, and all avatars and attachments but all-in-all I'd say this is a viable route...
Dealing with 1.8 gb of attachments won't be fun. I wonder if the phpBB option is easier/quicker...?

I just completed a test (without x-fering attachments) of migration from MyBB 1.6.x to vBulletin 3.8.7 to Xenforo 1.1.2
I am missing 4 posts, 10 threads, 15 members, and all avatars and attachments but all-in-all I'd say this is a viable route...
Dealing with 1.8 gb of attachments won't be fun. I wonder if the phpBB option is easier/quicker...?

I would think phpBB would be more cumbersome.

Top Bottom