XF 2.1 my xf_mail_queue in my database is 45 gb.. whats going on here? thanks for any help.

Rom

my xf_mail_queue in my database is 45 gb.. whats going on here? what should I do? thanks for any help.

That table is, as the name suggests, emails which are queued to be sent.

What is the date/cpntent of the oldest entry in the table?

That's a UNIX time stamp and translates to 26 May 2021.

Is that the oldest entry?
How many rows are there?

Can you see what the contents are?

We have seen issues with the mail queue table filling up before, due to bounces.

That's a UNIX time stamp and translates to 26 May 2021.

Is that the oldest entry?
How many rows are there?

Can you see what the contents are?

We have seen issues with the mail queue table filling up before, due to bounces.

1.14 million rows

lets assume that oldest entry is really old because when I try to sort by DESC, phpAdmin just gives me the [Loading...]

I just want to clear it out as my board is not really "mail dependent" other than new user emails. Is there a way to disable all emails from the board except for the new user verification email? This clog is probably mostly reactions emails..

Well the quickest resolution would be to truncate the table, but any emails in the queue would be lost, so member won't receive notifications to watched content, conversations, etc.

Reactions don't trigger emails but members can watch content - you can restrict that on a per node basis to disable emails for replies, new posts, etc.

Well the quickest resolution would be to truncate the table, but any emails in the queue would be lost, so member won't receive notifications to watched content, conversations, etc.

Reactions don't trigger emails but members can watch content - you can restrict that on a per node basis to disable emails for replies, new posts, etc.

awesome, will the space be reclaimed? after truncation? or do I need to do something else. thanks again.

awesome, will the space be reclaimed? after truncation? or do I need to do something else. thanks again.
Truncating will solve everything. You don't need to do anything after truncating except looking for your SMTP mail provider that causes this problem.

Yes, space will be reclaimed.

Truncating will solve everything. You don't need to do anything after truncating except looking for your SMTP mail provider.

Yes, space will be reclaimed.

is this the setting you are referring to stop the emails?

Forum watch notification limit

• New messages
  • New threads
  • None

is this the setting you are referring to stop the emails?

Forum watch notification limit

• New messages
  • New threads
  • None
It will only stop forum watchs.

To stop e-mailing, you should do Template Modifications and SQL Queries.

You may follow that guide.

cool, thanks for your help.

just for clarification, does this "Replace : leave the box empty"

mean this:

<xf:checkbox>

</xf:checkbox>

I had a 23gb xf_mail_queue table with nothing in it (literally empty).

Except that is 23gb of lz4 compressed table living on zfs, so more like ~40gb if that was living on ext3/ext4.

I had a 23gb xf_mail_queue table with nothing in it (literally empty).

Except that is 23gb of lz4 compressed table living on zfs, so more like ~40gb if that was living on ext3/ext4.

yeah I got 41 gbs back on my server when I emptied that table... strange.

Top Bottom