My thoughts on this community.

Brad Padgett

I just wanted to make a small thread to share a few thoughts on the forums as I am new.

Firstly, the software is amazing. I have been a user of it for a long time now but never a webmaster of my own Xenforo forum. I finally switched over from vBulletin 5 which in my opinion isn't as bad as people claim but in my own experience could not compare to the amount of resources and community that I now see Xenforo has.

vBulletin just doesn't have willing developers nor a community willing to promote their product.

The #1 thing I love about the Xenforo community is the numerous add-ons and paid modifications available.

This really caught my attention immediately when browsing the queue of posts. Not only is it a good way for a small developer to make a little extra cash, it opens worldly opportunity for a user to get what they need in a professional way.

I'm looking forward to being apart of the community and I plan to help contribute the best I can once I learn php which I'm fixing to go to college for along with web design.

Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the club.

Its simply the best software, by huge margin. Its pleasure to work with. Users, designers and coders are all very happy.

Other software you've switched from has rather bad community right now because software is nightmare to work with on all levels. Unhappy users, designers and coders leads to tensions in community and it shows.

I just wanted to make a small thread to share a few thoughts on the forums as I am new.

Firstly, the software is amazing. I have been a user of it for a long time now but never a webmaster of my own Xenforo forum. I finally switched over from vBulletin 5 which in my opinion isn't as bad as people claim but in my own experience could not compare to the amount of resources and community that I now see Xenforo has.

vBulletin just doesn't have willing developers nor a community willing to promote their product.

The #1 thing I love about the Xenforo community is the numerous add-ons and paid modifications available.

This really caught my attention immediately when browsing the queue of posts. Not only is it a good way for a small developer to make a little extra cash, it opens worldly opportunity for a user to get what they need in a professional way.

I'm looking forward to being apart of the community and I plan to help contribute the best I can once I learn php which I'm fixing to go to college for along with web design.

Thanks for having me.
Welcome. The XenForo community has been exceptionally helpful whenever I've had questions.

The staff is outstanding and I'm very pleased with the frequency of upgrades and new features.

A number of the members of this forum have written some excellent add-ins to improve upon the forum software operations.

As time goes on, I think you'll find the same things with this community.

Glad you're here.

- Bill

I came here from using VB, WordPress, custom scripts, software that costs $1k+ and I honestly enjoy Xenforo more than anything. The staff here is helpful, straight shooters, and I think they do a great job.

I don't always get what I want in regards to extras, but what I do have is extremely solid software that performs excellently.

Welcome!

Never really used vb, but i've used mybb before. That aside, this community is nice, yeh, has a lot of modifications and add ons you probably wouldn't see anywhere else. [:

Hello again and welcome to Xenforo.
I also came from Vb, back on the 4 branch, which was painful, but mildly better than 5 so I hear and a trillion times worse than Vb 3.

XenForo is full of helpful people and you've made a wise choice. :)

Top Bottom