XF 1.2 My Site Just Crashed

If you think it is the add-on then add this into your config.php file
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
This will disable everything. If everything works, you were right and you can simply uninstall it. If not, the problem lies else where.

Although I still stand by my original belief that it is either the htaccess file
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/my-site-just-crashed.64136/#post-677292

Or a clear hosting issue since I know someone else is also having problems (and from everything else you claim your host has told you)

Last edited:
I immediately uninstalled the plugin via filezilla but apparently whatever damage was done, was done.

I don't have ACP access and so I cannot modify that php file. If I can do it via cpanel but I don't know where to find it that way.

I immediately uninstalled the plugin via filezilla but apparently whatever damage was done, was done.

I don't have ACP access and so I cannot modify that php file. If I can do it via cpanel but I don't know where to find it that way.
You should never delete the files, before uninstalling the add-on.

Forum Root /library/config.php

Download it and open it in something such as notepad for example

Okay I added to bottom of the file. The forum index is still visible but none of the links work still.

Did you also want me to rename that .htaccess file and upload it to the root directory (is that the same thing as public_html?)?

Okay I added to bottom of the file. The forum index is still visible but none of the links work still.

Did you also want me to rename that .htaccess file and upload it to the root directory (is that the same thing as public_html?)?
It needs to be in the forum root directory .... ie.... Wherever your forum is, so should that file be

PM sent ....
Your site is working again.

1)
Your host had flushed your .htaccess file. It was empty. I've uploaded you a new one.

2)

You said earlier you deleted some files without un-installing. Re-upload them. You can not delete files without first un-installing something. And you can not un-install, without first having those files back.

3) IMPORTANT

I told you not to log out of cPanel, because I could not log into cPanel. Your host is clearly having issues, because as soon as I logged into cPanel, I was greeted with yet another log-in screen.

Strongly suggest you backup

Screenshot from 2013-11-30 16:41:38.webp

YOU'RE MY HERO!!!
Adam, thank you so much. Please send your pp addy I want to send you a token of my appreciation. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Let's not celebrate yet. I have you 1/2 way there.

When I help someone, I like to see them through it all the way.... So let work on #2 next. I'm still logged in via cPanel. Do you want me to re-upload those files for you or do you wish to do that yourself?

Top Bottom