My new PC specs, tell me what you would do!

Vincent

The Specifications:
So, what are your thoughts? What should I spend more/less money on? Which specs could be better for the same price?
Tell me :)

Hmm, personally I'd drop the power supply wattage down a bit, 750 watts seems a tad excessive to me.
600-650 would be more than sufficient in my opinion.
the rest of it sounds awesome :P

A would stick with the 750 Watts, even if you could get away with a 650W. It leaves room for expansion later with extra drives installed e.t.c. Plus nothing wrong either having a PSU that can drive everything easy, it's worth having there in place. If building a new system though, I would look at CPU water cooling cases, ones that also have very good air extraction included as well. Definitely if building it as a good gaming machine.

Having just done a quick calculation, id estimate your while system wouldn't draw more than 300watts under load. So dropping PSU down to something ~ 500watt would probably be fine.

I was gonna say, 750 watts+ is really only if you intend to get multiple graphics cards and a ton of hard drives that need powering.
500-600 would be the ideal range, in my opinion.
Spend the extra cash on a quality PSU, don't go cheap on the PSU.

I'd cry with joy and play all the games!
x-all-the-things-template.png

Hmm, personally I'd drop the power supply wattage down a bit, 750 watts seems a tad excessive to me.
600-650 would be more than sufficient in my opinion.
the rest of it sounds awesome :p
I was gonna say, 750 watts+ is really only if you intend to get multiple graphics cards and a ton of hard drives that need powering.
500-600 would be the ideal range, in my opinion.
Spend the extra cash on a quality PSU, don't go cheap on the PSU.

A would stick with the 750 Watts, even if you could get away with a 650W. It leaves room for expansion later with extra drives installed e.t.c. Plus nothing wrong either having a PSU that can drive everything easy, it's worth having there in place. If building a new system though, I would look at CPU water cooling cases, ones that also have very good air extraction included as well. Definitely if building it as a good gaming machine.
Id change the PSU to this one by silverstone, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-231-SV&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=

Personally I avoid asrock like the plague aswell.
Having just done a quick calculation, id estimate your while system wouldn't draw more than 300watts under load. So dropping PSU down to something ~ 500watt would probably be fine.

@AdamD: Thanks :)
And I'm thinking of using the Seasonic G-650, as Slavik said, it's the same $$$ but perhaps it's better. Will look this up for sure! And I'm thinking about spending 110 euro's on the PSU, that's not cheap, is it?

@Ditto: Why a water cooling case and not a normal fan?

@Slavik: Why would you avoid using ASRock? Reviews show it's pretty good. And as I come from MSI... ;)
And I can buy the Seasonic for 110 euro's, which is +/- the same price as the Corsair one. Are they really that much better? I must say I believe it's true that you pay $$$ for the Corsair logo on it tbh.

I'd cry with joy and play all the games!
x-all-the-things-template.png

Just for you, I will do that!

@Slavik: Why would you avoid using ASRock? Reviews show it's pretty good. And as I come from MSI... ;)
And I can buy the Seasonic for 110 euro's, which is +/- the same price as the Corsair one. Are they really that much better? I must say I believe it's true that you pay $$$ for the Corsair logo on it tbh.

More efficient, run cooler = lower running costs. Better build quality so will probably last longer also.

As for ASrock, i've seen more than a few in my lifetime die. I stick with Asus, never had one of those die on me yet ;)

More efficient, run cooler = lower running costs. Better build quality so will probably last longer also.

As for ASrock, i've seen more than a few in my lifetime die. I stick with Asus, never had one of those die on me yet ;)

Well, then again there are people who have had a lot of problems with Asus. I guess it's all a matter of opinion :)
I think I'm gonna take the Seasonic one, but I'm not gonna switch motherboards :D

Heh, my Asrock motherboard bit the dust a few years ago, so yea, I avoid those as well.

I agree with Slavik on the Asus' though, I think my current one is Asus.

I think it's hit and miss with almost any motherboard though, which is why it's always worth reading reviews from actual customers, on sites such as newegg.com (USA) and I think Tigerdirect have reviews too, not sure.

If a computer component is problematic, then you'll usually find out via customer reviews.

Either way, it's a nice selection you've got there.

@Ditto: Why a water cooling case and not a normal fan?

Have a read if this link. Explains things better to you than I could.

http://www.scan.co.uk/tekspek/coolers-water/watercooling

If you're considering watercooling there's a few things to remember. Primarily it's a means for more effective cooling with watercooling systems able to deal with many times the heat output of even the most effective aircooled heatsinks. Radiators with heat capacity in the hundreds of watts make a well-done watercooled system much more able to deal with the heat of a modern PC system.

I'm not saying don't use CPU air-cooling. But if building a machine intending to do some serious gaming with it, you should be thinking about a water-cooling system above an air one. But, that's your choice, you don't have to go that route. I'm just giving you some advice to consider when building it.

Look at some cases here, corsair ones are listed as well for water-cooling.

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/cat/WaterCooled-Cases_167.html

Heh, my Asrock motherboard bit the dust a few years ago, so yea, I avoid those as well.

I agree with Slavik on the Asus' though, I think my current one is Asus.

I think it's hit and miss with almost any motherboard though, which is why it's always worth reading reviews from actual customers, on sites such as newegg.com (USA) and I think Tigerdirect have reviews too, not sure.

If a computer component is problematic, then you'll usually find out via customer reviews.

Either way, it's a nice selection you've got there.

Looking at one of the best pricewatch sites in BeNeLux it looks like the motherboard is very promising. But so does the Asus one. The ASRock one also looks good on NewEgg.

Have a read if this link. Explains things better to you than I could.

http://www.scan.co.uk/tekspek/coolers-water/watercooling

I'm not saying don't use CPU air-cooling. But if building a machine intending to do some serious gaming with it, you should be thinking about a water-cooling system above an air one. But, that's your choice, you don't have to go that route. I'm just giving you some advice to consider when building it.

Look at some cases here, corsair ones are listed as well for water-cooling.

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/cat/WaterCooled-Cases_167.html

I'll think about that, I'm not going to buy the parts yet. Perhaps in a week or two.
Looks promising though! And BTW, your link are only desktop cases?

@Everyone who followed my previous thread. Do you think that what happened to my PC could have damaged my Graphics Card? If so, could it damage my new build? Should I send it for reparation just to be sure it comes back clean?

Make sure the Samsung SSD is an 840 Pro model, the ones without the PRO designation is the "value" range using cheaper TLC memory compared to the 840 PRO and 830 MLC memory, less write cycles, slower etc. As this is for a home PC I would not worry about SLC :)

In most cases, a failed PSU won't take out the system unless its safeguards fail too.

I've built most computers with Asus but have also used Asrock, MSI and Gigabyte without problems.

Make sure that you purchase a pair of memory modules instead of single module.

What's the purpose of your PC? Gaming?

Top Bottom