My ISP is blocking my site?

0xym0r0n

I'm using AT&T high speed dsl *it's the only service I can get :( *
I'm randomly incapable of accessing my site. I can get to it via proxies and via my smartphone *uses its' own internet*, but not my own dang internet!

I don't have time to call right now as I'm running out, but does anyone know how to get through this. It's starting to piss me off... I'm considering switching hosts again as I suspect this might be my ISP disliking them or something...

*rants*

hmm I'm using the save service AT&T "high" :ROFLMAO: speed dsl and can access the link in your signature just fine.

ou sure it's not your router settings or dns? Is the site's ip shared or dedicated? Also where is the host located, usa or some shady 3rd world country (North Korea like pirate bay?)?

hmm I'm using the save service AT&T "high" :ROFLMAO: speed dsl and can access the link in your signature just fine.

ou sure it's not your router settings or dns? Is the site's ip shared or dedicated? Also where is the host located, usa or some shady 3rd world country (North Korea like pirate bay?)?
Last time I checked the servers were here in the states and i do believe in texas...

I'm not sure why my router settings would change since I haven't gone in there. I was working fine on the site and then suddenly BAM, no connection... then 5 minutes later it works.... then another 10 minutes it's not working... now it's not coming back at all.

I'll look into it. I've been meaning to call them anyways since I'm supposed to betting around 24 MBPs and I'm getting around 1-8mbps... *ridiculous right?*

Last time I checked the servers were here in the states and i do believe in texas...

I'm not sure why my router settings would change since I haven't gone in there. I was working fine on the site and then suddenly BAM, no connection... then 5 minutes later it works.... then another 10 minutes it's not working... now it's not coming back at all.

I'll look into it. I've been meaning to call them anyways since I'm supposed to betting around 24 MBPs and I'm getting around 1-8mbps... *ridiculous right?*
If it's only that site it is probably the host.

If it's only that site it is probably the host.
It's happened when I tried playing a game called Grepolis too but I was able to access that just fine today.

A few nights ago it decided I wasn't allowed to use gmail either. I had to use a proxy lmfao. I'm going to guess it's my router screwing up. I'll have to look when I get back home.

It's just more consistently my website.

Are you trying to send email via your server?

Some of my clients have similar issue with their ISPs. Once they try to access SMTP ports, their ISP blocks all connection to that IP. The only thing that helps is restart cable modem and even that doesn't always help. I think its some kind of weird anti spam software.

Are you trying to send email via your server?

Some of my clients have similar issue with their ISPs. Once they try to access SMTP ports, their ISP blocks all connection to that IP. The only thing that helps is restart cable modem and even that doesn't always help. I think its some kind of weird anti spam software.
Ooooo I did try to resend an email this morning.... but I didn't try to send an email after the first time it went out.
Ergh.... I am actually getting mailer daemon reports when contacting my host but my host is receiving the emails just fine. It's confusing me.

Sounds like a routing issue. If you ping the host, does it resolve to the proper IP address? Do you notice any packet loss on some responses, or time outs?

Also where is the host located, usa or some shady 3rd world country (North Korea like pirate bay?)?

When I first read about this, this morning, I thought... nuke tests haven't caused us to invade North Korea, but if this happens, then MPAA might get it done. Pity those who broke the story didn't have a good understanding of BGP and BGP transit links, a quick traceroute and about 5-10 minutes of digging deeper would have revealed it was all fake -- at least for now.

I was on my iMac and I didn't know how to ping the site. On windows I know what to do, but I'm an Apple newbie... :oops:

I'm at work now, so I can't do anything. If it ends up being my host I think I'm switching to xfhost lol
Site works perfectly well at work! haha
If there one thing I hate it's downtime and if there's another thing... it's not being able to access my own site when I friggin want to.

Since you were working on your site when it happened, it could also be mod_security, cpbrute (if on cPanel) or the firewall. All three can ban you if you throttle too much like refreshing your site or a lot of uploading at once.. These sometimes send a false positive of appearing to be attacking the site temp banning you, after so many temp bans you can be permed and would require your host to lift you.

I'm using AT&T high speed dsl *it's the only service I can get :( *
I'm randomly incapable of accessing my site. I can get to it via proxies and via my smartphone *uses its' own internet*, but not my own dang internet!

I don't have time to call right now as I'm running out, but does anyone know how to get through this. It's starting to piss me off... I'm considering switching hosts again as I suspect this might be my ISP disliking them or something...

*rants*

I've actually had this happen to me a couple of times...once for two or three days. I suspect it's not an issue where your ISP is blocking your site, but merely a device or link between you and your host that is acting up temporarily. After a day or so, I'm betting the problem will be resolved as someone identifies the faulty device/link. I doubt there is anything you can do to get the ball rolling. The proxy idea might be your only workaround at the moment.

I had a similar issue, and I'm on a Mac.

Resolved it by 'empying the garbage in my router', which means I unplugged my router for 2 minutes.

Something to try.

Since you were working on your site when it happened, it could also be mod_security, cpbrute (if on cPanel) or the firewall. All three can ban you if you throttle too much like refreshing your site or a lot of uploading at once.. These sometimes send a false positive of appearing to be attacking the site temp banning you, after so many temp bans you can be permed and would require your host to lift you.
This.

I assume he cleared the firewall as I am able to access the site again. I assume that because he said he needed my IP to check if it's in there, and I never did give it to him... but after that it's working lol.

I still have the internet speed issues, so I'm gonna call AT&T to complain now lol *yay for 45 mins of sitting around waiting for support*

Thanks everyone.

Top Bottom