My host has stopped access to my XF due to CPU execution overload

DigNap15

My host has stopped access due to CPU execution overload.
They say that my CPU executions have gone over the limit
Due may be to slow exection of some scripts or database querries.
They suggest restoring from a backup
I have never restored from a backup and I have no idea what will happen
What would you advise?

Thats not very practcial at the moment

It is practical, staying on a host that does not know what they are doing is not practical.

I would see if they allow you back on the site then disable all addons running and see if they still report the issues.

I doubt that. How big is the site, how many connections do you normally have and what plan are you on?

Thats not very practcial at the moment

Yes
82371 http://nzissues.com/Community/index.php /home/u1362-dksjm4gsa4mh/www/nzissues.com/public_html/Community/index.php

6964 http://nzissues.com/Community/css.php /home/u1362-dksjm4gsa4mh/www/nzissues.com/public_html/Community/css.php

2075 http://nzissues.com/Community/job.php /home/u1362-dksjm4gsa4mh/www/nzissues.com/public_html/Community/job.php

Its a common theme going right now, ive seen it a dozen times in the last month, hosts are intentionally reducing limits and removing things like op-caches to drive up your resource usage.

Your host will tell you to upgrade to a more expensive package, it still wont be enough, after a few bump ups you will get upsold to a VPS or similar, any such host should be moved from, hit me up if you would like some help setting something up.

The other issue happening recently is googles crawler seems to be hammering some forums really hard, check in your webmaster tools to see if there has been a spike in googlebots crawling your site, if so request for the crawl limit to be lowered.

Its a common theme going right now, ive seen it a dozen times in the last month, hosts are intentionally reducing limits and removing things like op-caches to drive up your resource usage.

Your host will tell you to upgrade to a more expensive package, it still wont be enough, after a few bump ups you will get upsold to a VPS or similar, any such host should be moved from, hit me up if you would like some help setting something up.

The other issue happening recently is googles crawler seems to be hammering some forums really hard, check in your webmaster tools to see if there has been a spike in googlebots crawling your site, if so request for the crawl limit to be lowered.
I copy that!
What really annoyed me is that they just cut cut off access to my forum,.
No warning. My CPU usages has been the same for the last month.
If they gave me a warning a week ago I could have looked into my data base.
But just to cut me off and say you must upgadre to an expsevsive cloud plan is very draconian imho

The forum is WAY too small to need a hosting upgrade. Any decent regular plan should suffice. As others said before, they're probably reducing resources and forcing clients to upgrade. If you are not stuck on a certain country, I can recommend you my host back in Romania. He's been hosting for close to 20 years and, when HostGator disabled my account for a blog that was using 'too many resources', I move to this guy. Not only he never shut down my website, but did actually look around to see which plugin was causing the issues. It's been 7 years and I never looked back.

Top Bottom