1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Header picture is gone!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by clawsonr, Jul 17, 2011.

1. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

I recently tried to add an add on. When completed I noticed the header picture, and all the picture in the ACP are gone. I then reversed everything that I installed. But the pictures are still gone.

Also maybe someone here is patient enough to show me how to install an add on correctly to my FTP Client on Hostgator.com.

Thanks and hope you can help!
    RJ

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Maybe...

AdminCP -> appearance -> style properties -> header and navigation -> header -> Header Logo Image Path

Though I don't think having that setting incorrect would affect the doodles (pictures) in the admin CP... it could be the files on your server have been altered.

3. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

Yup the picture file is correct in the ADMIN CP. Thanks for trying!

4. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

I deleted every addon, and I reverted every templace. Still not showing up in either.

5. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

When I click on a member, the image behind the window that pulls up is missing. I am clueless as to what is wrong, but it has to do with images.

6. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

Also I found that in the text box, all of the options to change text size, font, and so on are gone. I probably need to reinstall the entire forum?

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

Which styles folder? in my FTP Client or Xenforo ACP, I am still very new to this. Also which zip file do I upload the styles folder from?

Thanks Jake

9. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

Can anyone help me out? This makes the site look like garbage right now and I would really like to get it back on track.

10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I unzipped xf and these are the contents of the zipped file:
    xf contents.PNG

This is what is in the upload directory, it contains a styles folder
    xf upload contents.PNG

If you connect to your site using a FTP program (I am assuming you can do that) you will see a public_html directory. In that public_html directory is a folder called styles. upload the styles directory from your local disk to that styles directory on your server.

11. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

Did not work. I apprecaite the advise.

How can I go about doing a fresh install without losing my threads??

12. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Had you a custom image?
    If yes, have you a backup of this on your pc?
    If you have one, i'll upload it for you

13. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

Well its not just the header that is missing. I am finding more and more stuff that has gone missing. The tools at the top of the text box are gone, all the pictures in ACP are gone, plus more.

Dark Matter likes this.
  14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Download the 1.0.4 upgrade .zip package once again.

Unzip it and FTP it to your installation.
    Make sure you have the correct settings in the your FTP application to merge/overwrite the files.

Once it has finished uploading, run the file health check utility and report back with the results.

15. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

I did as you said. Still no results. I ran the health check and it says all 920 files are there. ??

16. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

17. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is a problem of missing images. I can see that your default images are still missing.

404 not found - http://www.knucklethread.com/styles/default/

Uploading the original styles folder from the zip file will restore these missing images.

The file health check doesn't check the images.

Peggy and Dean like this.
  18. clawsonr

clawsonr Member

I appreciate all of your help. Mr. Bunce corrected the issue. Thank you very much.