My google ad issues

Crazyfruitbat

hey guys,
On my last site, one of the guys that owned the site with me was a jackass and decided to up the click rate on google ads (yes, I know...before you say it, i know, I know!!!) without me knowing. Google banned the account (quite rightly so), we lost a good $150 that I had genuinely accumulated and they refuse to reinstate it (I obviously didn't tell them it was a person I knew).

The annoying thing is that the guy that clicked the ads was in the UK and I'm in Tokyo, Japan - there was no way I could have done it but they have listed my IP address and so I can't go anywhere near google ads as it just blocks me, the rest of google is just fine.

This is now really causing problems because I moved away from that site and now run my little photography site on my own (lessons learned I guess) and I wouldn't mind putting a few ads here and there but I just feel lost. I don't think google will let me near them even if I use a different username - I tried chikita on the old site and all I had was empty ads or ads for handbags. I don't have enough users for amazon to work either, so I do feel like not knowing where to go.

Also, do you think having such a ban could affect my search rankings on my new site?

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Chris

I think Yahoo publisher network is now defunct. At least when I looked a couple months ago doing searches the publisher network is no longer available for sign up.

BannerConnect might be tied in to the Yahoo thing and they don't do too bad. Beginning of the year almost any ad network other then google dies off until they start getting in more and more campaigns.

Viglink works good and also vibrant but vibrant has a 500,000 pageview a month minimum unless you have a good niche. Adbrite was horrible from my experience. I was lucky if I seen .15 a day.

Top Bottom