XF 1.3 My forums are getting a lot of spam...

Will75

Hello. I got XenForo about a couple weeks ago and already my forums have major spam. The site is brand new. I have no idea how the hell there is so much spam. It's quite ridiculous. I'm on a couple times a day, every day, deleting spam posts and spam-posting accounts. People have a captcha thing and have to confirm their email address. Has anyone else been having this issue lately? Is there an add-on or a way to prevent this? Some how spam bots or whatever are getting accounts fully registered and spamming the hell out of my forums. Today there was gibberish ads selling drugs. Here are screenshots of the spam, dunno if it helps, but yeah.

Spam.webp

Spam2.webp

Spam3.webp
Also, sorry but I am new to XenForo, how are people commenting on the front page (XenPorta)? Is there a way to make it so only admins can post there? XenPorta is using the forum section "News & Announcements". The other day a player posted on the front page, so it's not just a spam issue :p. But yeah, any help on this spam would be greatly appreciated it. It's very annoying...

Hmm, okay. I installed that and I obviously can't tell if it works or not, but it seems like it should help. Thanks!

I suggest that you change your image CAPTCHA to Questions and Answers specific to your forum
Alright, done. I changed the captcha to a few questions specific to my forum. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, sorry but I am new to XenForo, how are people commenting on the front page (XenPorta)? Is there a way to make it so only admins can post there? XenPorta is using the forum section "News & Announcements". The other day a player posted on the front page, so it's not just a spam issue :p. But yeah, any help on this spam would be greatly appreciated it. It's very annoying...

You can choose categories that will be posted on XenPorta. Basicly, change any category's permission as only admins can post there and then choose this category on XenPorta setting. After that, when you post in this category, it will be on XenPorta.

Top Bottom