My current work

José Guedes

I am working on a XenForo theme for a friend of mine and I would know what you people think of it till now. I appreciate suggestions and constructive criticism.

SGC-Clan Forums.webp

Nice clean colors, I'd suggest into getting off the default forum icons, and also when it comes to the header I'm not a big fan of how the image just cuts off on the left side, if it we're to cut off on the left side of the page at the window it may look a little more in place(if this makes sense :)).

Lose the default blue-ish color in the last post column and the sidebar. Choose another color.
As was mentioned, the default forum status icons need changing.
I don't like the way the left side of the logo ends either.

You're off to a good start tho. Good luck.

Hey Hey! Did I say you could put that up here?

Haha, I kid. Altair's inspiration came from our vB setup as seen here: http://www.sgc-clan.com/

I must say, he's done a very good job at replicating it. I've been told this is just out of boredom and practice, but he has mentioned a desire (several times) to see us migrate to XF. One of my smaller-time projects runs on XF, but the SGC community has been running on vB for far too long to justify a migration.

My objective is making it similar, so the user wont get a shock from a sudden change of style, but still leave all the good stuff from Xenforo.
I started this as you said, out of boredom and practice, I don't work on this every day, and also I have no time for doing so.
If Alteran uses it or not, his decision, as soon as I finish this (if I ever manage to do so), it will be his decision on when to release this, or keep it to himself.
I wouldn't mind making more skins for Xenforo, to be honest with everyone here, I barely know of HTML, PHP and CSS, and probably only going to learn more about it next school year.
If there is a update and a skin breaks, i'll probably not know how to fix it, I'll just do trial and error :p

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind, and probably gonna keep everyone posted on the progress.

Well, now it's time to sleep, I'm tired of working on computers all day.

Top Bottom