My copy of Halo CE Anniversary Edition just came in!

AzzidReign

I preordered it and took Amazon almost a week to get it to me. Can't wait to bring back old memories. Any old Halo 1 gamers here? God...lan parties of 12...those were the days.

Never played Halo but my Elite died on Sunday night and Mike pointed me to an excellent deal on Amazon today which consisted of an Xbox 250GB S, 12 months Live, Halo CE Anniversary and Skyrim for £190.

It would have been rude not to at that price...
Wow!! That's a great deal! I'm downloading the maps right now so I can play them with Reach in instead. Once this is done, I'll be hitting up campaign like the good ol' days. Halo CE is definitely a great way to get introduced to the Halo series. I was quite disappointed with Halo 3, ODST, and Reach...Halo 1/PC and Halo 2 were awesome!!

Any old Halo 1 gamers here?

I would have been a Halo gamer but my Mac zealotry demanded that I boycott the title after Bungie sold out to Microsoft. Did you know Halo was originally going to be a Mac-only RTS game (think Tribes)? But then Bungie sold out to Microsoft and it became a console-only FPS game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series)

Originally developed as a real-time strategy game for the Apple Macintosh platform, Halo: Combat Evolved went through several iterations before arriving at the console first person shooter for which it is recognized. When the developers, Bungie, were bought by Microsoft in 2001, the game was rapidly finished and became an Xbox launch title and platform exclusive.

*disgruntled mac gamer*

The original unveiling:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would have been a Halo gamer but my Mac zealotry demanded that I boycott the title after Bungie sold out to Microsoft. Did you know Halo was originally going to be a Mac-only RTS game (think Tribes)? But then Bungie sold out to Microsoft and it became a console-only FPS game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series)

*disgruntled mac gamer*

The original unveiling:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I don't think Halo would be what we know it now had they not gone with Microsoft and changed what Halo was going to be.

Yeah. It would have been a better game. Dumbing it down for consoles was a real letdown for me. I was looking forward to a fully functional RTS.

edit - correction, it was to be a hybrid Mac/PC release before it became a console game.

Yeah. It would have been a better game. Dumbing it down for consoles was a real letdown for me. I was looking forward to a fully functional RTS.

edit - correction, it was to be a hybrid Mac/PC release before it became a console game.
I still don't see how Halo would be what we know it today if looking back then, the story lended itself to a much different interpretation. Playability-wise, I think there would be an even smaller subset of people that would've touched the game or even held as much of an interest as it did post-release

What did you think of Halo Wars in that case?

Of course it would be different. And of course it would cater to a different set of gamers. Computer gamers are an entirely different breed.

I haven't played any of the Halo games so I can't give you an opinion. I am generally not interested in FPS games or console games.

The PC version they later released was much better than the console version (Halo 1). Halo Wars was a major flop. Tons of people jumped on that right away and 2 weeks later, no one was playing it anymore (at least not many from my site when we were typically a Halo fan site). I think the game was ruined after Halo 3...and I can't believe they decided to put Halo CE into Halo Reach...Reach has been the worst game ever released in the Halo series (I don't count Halo Wars as a game...it should have never existed).

The PC version they later released was much better than the console version (Halo 1). Halo Wars was a major flop. Tons of people jumped on that right away and 2 weeks later, no one was playing it anymore (at least not many from my site when we were typically a Halo fan site). I think the game was ruined after Halo 3...and I can't believe they decided to put Halo CE into Halo Reach...Reach has been the worst game ever released in the Halo series (I don't count Halo Wars as a game...it should have never existed).

Most people jumped on Halo Wars to play on the Halo 3 maps early, like me!

I'm enjoying Halo: Anniversary. It's bringing back lots of nostalgia.

Real pissed-off that they didn't bring back the old school maps and use the same engine for multiplayer.

Gay.

I'm enjoying Halo: Anniversary. It's bringing back lots of nostalgia.

Real pissed-off that they didn't bring back the old school maps and use the same engine for multiplayer.

Gay.
Yeah...they literally should have just brought the entire game back with the new graphics. They better do that for Halo 2...oh and they should update the multiplayer matchmaking for it so it actually finds people faster lol

It's not cool that they cut out some maps just because they thought it was unpopular. For example, a lot of people hate the Chinron TL or whatever it's called map but I liked it because I knew it like the back of my hand. It's the one with all those warp gates if you don't remember. I hated that map at first too. Now that I think about it, I still do but that's beyond the point. They did too much cutting of maps they should've just let the stuff we hate in. The graphics are fine. They did an okay job with it. Reach looks better though.

Yeah...they literally should have just brought the entire game back with the new graphics. They better do that for Halo 2...oh and they should update the multiplayer matchmaking for it so it actually finds people faster lol

I doubt they will be doing a re-release of Halo 2.

I hate Reach multiplayer :'(, stupid armor lock.

I doubt they will be doing a re-release of Halo 2.

I hate Reach multiplayer :'(, stupid armor lock.
That was somewhat dealt with in the recent update, actually. It's no longer as over-powering and you can blast right through it now (or at least knock down a large amount of energy out of it with a well-placed grenade).

That was somewhat dealt with in the recent update, actually. It's no longer as over-powering and you can blast right through it now (or at least knock down a large amount of energy out of it with a well-placed grenade).

Still don't like it :P, jet packs, armor lock, sprint (is okay same with evade), but other then that, it ruined the Halo gameplay.

343 said they'll do a re-release of Halo 2 if Halo Anniversary does well.

TBH they shouldn't even do a re-release of it, it will probably be just like CE Anniversary. They should concentrate all of their people on to Halo 4 which is coming out next year.

Top Bottom