My .com email address is already taken? How is that possible?

jr777

I have Google g suite, and I created an email for my domain. The email address is admin@germanglish.org. The first problem was that Twitter said the email is already registered with a different account.

The second problem is that I can send email from that address from my g suite email, but if I try to send email to it then it doesn't arrive, making me think the emails are going to someone else's inbox.

How is it possible that someone could own an email address for my domain??? If that's the case, is there anything I can do about it, like file a complaint with ICANN or something?

Did you check your server settings to make sure you don't have an email redirect for "admin" configured?

It's quite possible that the domain was previously in use, used to register a Twitter account and then allowed to lapse. The Twitter account is still there, but most likely inactive - since emails to that account would have been bouncing after the domain lapsed.

Once you get your inbound email working, you could try doing a lost password recovery on Twitter to see if you can gain control over the account that used that address.

If email isn't arriving it sounds like you have a configuration error.

I'm confused by your post - the title says "my .com email address is already taken", but you're referring to a .org address in your post?

I have Google g suite, and I created an email for my domain. The email address is admin@germanglish.org. The first problem was that Twitter said the email is already registered with a different account.

The second problem is that I can send email from that address from my g suite email, but if I try to send email to it then it doesn't arrive, making me think the emails are going to someone else's inbox.

How is it possible that someone could own an email address for my domain??? If that's the case, is there anything I can do about it, like file a complaint with ICANN or something?
Use a different gmail account bud.
Have something like your current username here at gmail.

Top Bottom