1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Problem with Chrome? Is that possible?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Silivistras, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Silivistras

Silivistras Member

Is there any chance, a specific browser to appears problems for a user? I have some complaints for specific users that are visiting my forum with chrome and they say that they have delays and run out time errors, since the rest of members says that the forum work properly.

I advised them to do a reset at recent history (cookies, history, cache, etc) but they seems to still have problem. I also said to make an upgrade with the latest release of their browser. I tried to determine the location of the problem, in case that this is caused due their provider, but they seems to be at irrelevant regions.

Do you have any idea or suggestions?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If the problem is with specific members and browsers then it's almost certainly local to them.

Can you reproduce the problems using Chrome?

Do they experience the same problems with other browsers?

That will help to narrow it down.

Silivistras likes this.
  3. Silivistras

Silivistras Member

I will try.
    Some of them says that they have the same problems with other browsers, some other say that with other browsers looks to have no problems. It is also difficult to focus into the problem because many use mobile devices (most of them phones).

4. Brogan

That's quite likely a factor.

Low processing power and poor network connections/speeds will have an impact.

5. Silivistras

Silivistras Member

After a survey, people are using chrome seems to have those problems.

6. Brogan

It could be something to do with your style - I use Chrome on PC, tablet, and mobile, and have no issues on multiple XF installations.

7. Silivistras

Silivistras Member

I run 1.5.4 is an update critical to latest version?

8. Brogan

I would recommend upgrading to the latest version, at least to take advantage of the most recent bug and security fixes.