[MWS] Attachment Statistics

[MWS] Attachment Statistics 1.5.6c

No permission to download

MattW

Thanks for sharing this add-on. Just one question, will this include "Resource Manager" attachments as well? Thanks,
Yes it does, it's taking all the information from the xf_attachment_data table. The content_type is stored in xf_attachment, so it doesn't currently differentiate

Any way you can add some stats on the largest attachment and most popular attachment on a future version?

Most downloaded attachment(s)
Largest attachment size with a link to that attachment

Those would be good for starters.
I'll see what I can come up with

"Largest attachment size with a link to that attachment"
The default attachment browser in the ACP already allows you to sort the attachments by file size, so I don't really see any point in adding that into this.

MattW updated Attachment Statistics Admin Home with a new update entry:

Extra Features and Display Options Added

This update now puts the Stats Block in the ACP in a better position, keeping the traditional look intact.

View attachment 43731

There is a new Option menu, allowing you to choose to display in MB or GB, and adds the option to show the stats on the forum home

View attachment 43732

If you are using the Widget Framework, this add-on automatically includes a TMS edit to add the stats to the widget, but you'll need to control the display of the stats on the home page via...

Read the rest of this update entry...

MattW updated Attachment Statistics Admin Home with a new update entry:

Caching of Statistics and Cron Entry

I've added a cron entry to cache the results, as busy boards could get bogged down with pulling the results from the DB on each page load, especially when there are lots of attachments.

View attachment 43739

Cron runs at 55 minutes past the hour.

On initial install, the dataset will be empty, so either wait until XX:55, or run the cron manually to initially populate the data.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Our forum has tens of thousands of attachments, how does this widget count them? A simple du -h takes ages on our (fast) servers...

Our forum has tens of thousands of attachments, how does this widget count them? A simple du -h takes ages on our (fast) servers...
It's taking the results from the database. The table has the size of each attachment stored already, so it's totalling the column value.

(I have to say that we currently don't use XF yet, our attachments are stored locally on a fileserver)

Thx for the info

Top Bottom