MVFCTalk.com

Svoboda

Site has been online two days now is still pretty basic as I pick up what can be done with XF. Have modified the default theme, created some custom pages for each of the schools within the conference and that's about it.

Currently trying to figure out how I can create news pages that include external RSS feeds, Twitter blocks and the like. I also plan on picking up the Pick'em add-on in time for football season.

http://www.mvfctalk.com

You have done a great job, you have 3 tabs (home, forum, and school) that goes to the same place.
Yeah. I'm not sure how to get rid of either the home or forums tab since I only need one or the other.

As for the schools tab, I don't like the "Create Pages for Categories" option as I couldn't figure out how to change the node icons on that page. Is there a way to do that?

Yeah. I'm not sure how to get rid of either the home or forums tab since I only need one or the other.

As for the schools tab, I don't like the "Create Pages for Categories" option as I couldn't figure out how to change the node icons on that page. Is there a way to do that?

Yeah root for an SEC school......just kidding......I'm not sure. Honestly you don't have a need for the pages unless you plan to do something specific with each school. The way you have the forums laid out is perfect as is. As far as getting rid of the home button just remove the Home Page URL under Options/Basic Board Info.

Yeah root for an SEC school......just kidding......I'm not sure. Honestly you don't have a need for the pages unless you plan to do something specific with each school. The way you have the forums laid out is perfect as is. As far as getting rid of the home button just remove the Home Page URL under Options/Basic Board Info.
Not following. The School tab is a drop down menu so there are individual pages. I wouldn't mind using the master index page if I could find out how to customize those icons to reflect the same school logos.

Not following. The School tab is a drop down menu so there are individual pages. I wouldn't mind using the master index page if I could find out how to customize those icons to reflect the same school logos.

Nice work on the pages for the schools.....When I clicked it earlier all it did was reload the forum index. Didn't see the dropdown.

Nice work on the pages for the schools.....When I clicked it earlier all it did was reload the forum index. Didn't see the dropdown.
Right, I just turned on the categories page. If you have it off, the drop down still works if you don't click first. If you click, it just reloads the forum list.

Nice looking forum! Can i find out from you how do you change your forum status icon? I'm using the mod by vinavb but couldn't figure out on how to resize the icon
The node icons? Just using CSS in my extra.css template. Here is an example of one the CSS I'm using:

.categoryForumNodeInfo, .nodeList .node_3 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_3 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/mvfc.png") !important;
background-position: 0 center;
}
.categoryForumNodeInfo, .nodeList .node_3 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_3 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/mvfc.png") !important;
background-position: 0 center;
}

As for the size, that is something you can set within the style options itself. In the CP, go to Appearance | Style Properties | Node Icons and you can set the size under the Miscellaneous section.

Hi mate, just a little warning. If you want to have your adsense account banned you are on the right track with the header advertisement :)

You can't put ads under dropdown menu's or in this case the login or signup button like that as it's again the TOS I am pretty sure.

On topic of the style: very nice!
Thanks for that... I wasn't aware. Definitely have to get that addressed.

Top Bottom