XF 2.1 Must you install the source files onto a local server?

bigtex20

Hello,

I recently purchased the license for Xenforo and have run into a slight road block after doing so. Prior to this, I thought that the files could simply be uploaded to a cPanel account and essentially as with the demo, you could edit the front end via your Xenforo account login which would then be updated on your site via a script. After reviewing the installation guide, it appears that you need a local server to host these files? I do have access to a local server but am confused even if I do this, how I can then edit the forum? I am completely new to this particular task and am looking for any help. Videos if they exist would also be terrific.

Thanks in advance,

Hello,

I recently purchased the license for Xenforo and have run into a slight road block after doing so. Prior to this, I thought that the files could simply be uploaded to a cPanel account and essentially as with the demo, you could edit the front end via your Xenforo account login which would then be updated on your site via a script. After reviewing the installation guide, it appears that you need a local server to host these files? I do have access to a local server but am confused even if I do this, how I can then edit the forum? I am completely new to this particular task and am looking for any help. Videos if they exist would also be terrific.

Thanks in advance,
You just need to install xenForo from your host's cPanel and point it to a public domain. Go to the public domain and you should see a live version of your forum, similar to the demo you tried before purchasing.

While installing xenForo, you should have been able to create an admin account. You can log in to your admin panel (not your xenForo customer account) and make any necessary modifications to the forum.

You just need to install xenForo from your host's cPanel and point it to a public domain. Go to the public domain and you should see a live version of your forum, similar to the demo you tried before purchasing.

While installing xenForo, you should have been able to create an admin account. You can log in to your admin panel (not your xenForo customer account) and make any necessary modifications to the forum.
Thank you. As asked to the previous reply, what is all the local server stuff about then? Thank you for the quick reply and helpful info.

Top Bottom