"Multiple votes allowed" (poll) is being missed

Morgain

I want to move "Multiple votes allowed" at the bottom of polls to the top under the question, and make it bigger - my preview test members are missing it completely.

I tried putting the code below higher up in several places onpoll_block_vote
but it doesn't appear.

Code:
        <xen:if hascontent="true">
            <div class="pollNotes">
            <xen:contentcheck>
                <xen:if is="{$poll.multiple}">
                    <span class="multipleNote muted">{xen:phrase multiple_votes_allowed}</span>
                </xen:if>
            </xen:contentcheck>
            </div>

Remove this from the poll_block_vote template:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$poll.multiple}">
<span class="multipleNote muted">{xen:phrase multiple_votes_allowed}</span>

Paste it into the poll_block template just before {xen:raw $options}

You can edit the phrase multiple_votes_allowed to change the text size and colour.

I should just add that with the amount of template edits you have, upgrading could potentially be a very long and involved job, depending on how many templates are changed with each new release.

Remove this from ....

I should just add that with the amount of template edits you have, upgrading could potentially be a very long and involved job, depending on how many templates are changed with each new release.

Sterling help Brogan as always.

Thanks for the warning and you're quite right. As well as being very kind to warn me.

It does take careful admin to prepare for upgrading. I keep careful notes on what I do in a detailed document log.
Also any code tweaks I do in the templates or css are clearly commented locally in caps. Usually with an extra line top and bottom if it's a chunk to help me find it easily.
When I transferred it all from my test install to the new live install I followed my own log and it took me less than 2 hours to get it all done again.

But I'm now looking at using my own extra templates and css more, with includes. Then the core templates would be less mucked about.
Also I'm thinking an admin tracker for all this would make a great addon!

But I'm now looking at using my own extra templates and css more, with includes. Then the core templates would be less mucked about.
Also I'm thinking an admin tracker for all this would make a great addon!
Extra templates with includes is a good method for long blocks of code (such as extra sidebar blocks, etc), so is learning how to create template hooks for all of your template edits :)

Top Bottom