XF 1.4 multiple sitemaps

diego222

How are the multiple sitemaps handled with this new feature when we have a lot of urls or the file is larget than 50 mb (uncompressed)? With previous add-on sitemap we could change url limit (for example each 10.000 url it splits automatically).

And in google webmaster tools we have to include http://www.example.com/forum/sitemap.php ... ok... but where are the xml.gz files located?

It does it all automatically. You can see it happen with our sitemap (as we have over 120,000 URLs); it silently switches to a sitemap index file.

and another question about sitemaps...

The sitemap automatically generate itself, but... how often? can we choose the hour? (it would be good when server is with low load.... generally at nights).

oh, i forgot that (cron options). Mmm, now its programed to september 15 (today its 12), and when look at settings I see that only runs (I supose that "run" means rebuild and submit/ping to Google/Bing) two days in a week... it wouldn't be good run it everyday?

Well, everytime I upgrade XF, sitemap options will be another "personal cron" for me

Top Bottom