XF 2.2 Multiple banners showing even with Banner Stacking disabled?

KensonPlays

I'm a bit confused. I'm seeing 3 banners, when only 1 or 2 should show. "Spinosaurus" is owner, and the other 2 are post-based.
1653794965081.png

Banner settings:
1653794991340.png
Group promotion tab 1:
1653795037147.png
Promotion tab 2. All other options on tab 2 are unchecked/blank:
1653795074918.webp

Ideally, I'd want something like this:
1653795173341.webp

I looked at literally every single setting for the style properties, could not find anything relating to groups/badges.

Solution
The reason I use the add-on is I'm horrible with css. I can barely do simple HTML structure without css.
I haven't actually done much with creating custom banners. :( If I were going to do it, I'd probably follow a guide like this one.
But I do believe that this is the solution to your multi-banner issue.
Are you certain that you don't any addon or other modification that would change the default behavior of the member banner system?

I did a quick test on my side (xf2.2.9) and if I turn off banner stacking, only the highest level banner is shown (based on styling priority).

Are you certain that you don't any addon or other modification that would change the default behavior of the member banner system?

I did a quick test on my side (xf2.2.9) and if I turn off banner stacking, only the highest level banner is shown (based on styling priority).
Fairly certain. The only "Member" addons I have are:
  • Member Self Delete
  • Member's Local Time
  • Themehouse Connected Accounts providers
  • Group Icons
  • User Blogs System (by Bob)

Edit:
List of style priorities:
  • Unregistered 0
  • Registered 1
(Post-based Groups)
  • Egg 100
  • Hatchling 200
  • Juvenile 300
  • Dino 400
  • Elder 500
  • Fossil 600
(Special, granted roles)
  • Pro Dino 1000 (paid upgrade)
  • Sponsor 1100 (second tier paid upgrade)
  • Streamer 1200
  • Creator 1300
  • Moderator 5000
  • Admin 7500
  • Owner 9999
Edit 2: We do have REDIS enabled with the addon by Xon.

Last edited:
Group Icons
I think this is your issue; I'm betting that this displays multiple banners and ignores the standard Xenforo banner stacking settings.
That addon, I quickly downloaded and configured (borrowed your images for an example) and confirmed that they don't respect the XF stack setting. I'd suggest configuring the banners with XF default abilities and removing the Group Icons addon.

1653812788517.webp

I think this is your issue; I'm betting that this displays multiple banners and ignores the standard Xenforo banner stacking settings.
That addon, I quickly downloaded and configured (borrowed your images for an example) and confirmed that they don't respect the XF stack setting. I'd suggest configuring the banners with XF default abilities and removing the Group Icons addon.

View attachment 268914
The reason I use the add-on is I'm horrible with css. I can barely do simple HTML structure without css.

I haven't actually done much with creating custom banners. :( If I were going to do it, I'd probably follow a guide like this one.

Solution
Probably, tho I got pretty confused looking at a similar one. Too bad 2.2 you can't just simply upload an image that would replace the colored backgrounds with no CSS needed.

Top Bottom