Multiple Account Detection Tools [Paid] [Deleted]

A couple of suggestions:

1. Change the template detection_moderator_bar to check to see if there are actually any detections. Right now it is always red, if you replace the following code in the template, it will be only red if there are detections present

Code:
<span class="itemCount {xen:if {$totalDetections}, 'alert'}">{xen:number $totalDetections}</span>

2. There isn't a way (that I have seen) to "handle" the detection like you handle other reports. In other words, there is no way to dismiss the detection.

Thanks!

@Nobita.Kun

Registered a new member at received the following error:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0 - library/Nobita/AccountDetection/Model/Cookie.php:42
Generated By: registered User 2, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/el/library/Nobita/AccountDetection/Model/Cookie.php(42): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/xxxx/...', 42, Array)
#1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/el/library/Nobita/AccountDetection/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(40): Nobita_AccountDetection_Model_Cookie->checkSpecialViewingUser()
#2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/el/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Nobita_AccountDetection_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#3 /home/xxxxx/public_html/el/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/el/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://domain.com/register/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(14) {
    ["username"] => string(17) "registered User 2"
    ["email"] => string(30) "xxxx@domain.com"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "6"
    ["dob_day"] => string(2) "13"
    ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1974"
    ["gender"] => string(4) "male"
    ["timezone"] => string(15) "America/Chicago"
    ["recaptcha_challenge_field"] => string(185) "03AHJ_Vus8uI0aZXOrsrCg-WhU7ldcS8_oyh-WVObREtpqYZtWQ_Yg6YgeG3pCy64JEPAeOiOtHkIEe5nkMgDcGHBavnZMDPgVGkQMkxw1JXXZRRjSFoiQy3fEtkhmKSmsIOuVs_xOkDs3rISOxsI_gV2Lpc_nLWPCBrpkkRF-mv2XhKmC8k0_D4Y"
    ["recaptcha_response_field"] => string(12) "Thus Envolby"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["reg_key"] => string(32) "7637ff96e5a9a786daf4a99444a0c58f"
  }
}

This is obviously without an excluded user group set (so I could test). Choosing an excluded usergroup fixes the problem.
This is fixed
A couple of suggestions:

1. Change the template detection_moderator_bar to check to see if there are actually any detections. Right now it is always red, if you replace the following code in the template, it will be only red if there are detections present

Code:
<span class="itemCount {xen:if {$totalDetections}, 'alert'}">{xen:number $totalDetections}</span>

2. There isn't a way (that I have seen) to "handle" the detection like you handle other reports. In other words, there is no way to dismiss the detection.

Thanks!
I will checking in next release ;)

Reactions: Dan
Many thanks for creating this!

Here are my feature requests:
  1. identify multiple accounts by browser fingerprinting
  2. identify multiple accounts by evercookie (please allow us to turn this on per user)
  3. identify multiple accounts by mac address through javascript
  4. For IP identifications, list if the IP is static or dynamic
  5. IP identifications may be coincidental. The review of all reports is labor intensive. My site gets thousands of reports. This can be solved. Please add a calculation to show if the accounts are operated by the same person by comparing:
    1. similar usernames
    2. similar email address
    3. similar username of one account as the email address in another account
    4. similar DoB
    5. similar user profile fields
    6. same email domain
    7. similar contact details
    8. posts in same forums
    9. visits or posts to the same threads
    10. accounts give likes to each other
    11. accounts do not have conversations with each other
    12. one or more accounts have warnings / bans
    13. IP address is dedicated or not.
    14. Email address is active or not (if the site requires active email to post)
  6. Set automatic staff actions:
    1. merge accounts
    2. send warning
    3. ban accounts
    4. make account discouraged user
    5. disallow registration
    6. ban IP
    7. ban browser fingerprint
    8. give evercookie
    9. remove likes traded between the accounts
    10. assign the report to a moderator
    11. ignore the report
    12. ignore reports about the user forever
Thanks you for suggestion @Alfa1 , As I mentioned this Addon using database to save some information to checking and give action to do. I appreciate your suggestion but Its some suggestion can't do this Addon :)
I will give more action for this Addon as your list action you gave
Thank you

Thanks you for suggestion @Alfa1 , As I mentioned this Addon using database to save some information to checking and give action to do. I appreciate your suggestion but Its some suggestion can't do this Addon :)
I will give more action for this Addon as your list action you gave
Thank you

I'm very interested in Alfa1's list as well, this is a critical tool that I would like to see further development on.

I'm very interested in Alfa1's list as well, this is a critical tool that I would like to see further development on.
I'm planning to do that. But I'm not sure I will add all of them into this Addon because some suggestions don't need (As I said before :P)

You have a problem stopping registration and login in 1.2 with the latest version:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Nobita_AccountDetection_DataWriter_Detection::_getReportModel() in /home/myptsd/public_html/c/library/Nobita/AccountDetection/DataWriter/Detection.php on line 54

You have a problem stopping registration and login in 1.2 with the latest version:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Nobita_AccountDetection_DataWriter_Detection::_getReportModel() in /home/myptsd/public_html/c/library/Nobita/AccountDetection/DataWriter/Detection.php on line 54
Oops. This fixed now. Please check your mail now :)
Thank you

Oops. This fixed now. Please check your mail now :)
Thank you

Was this fixed in the latest version I just received a little while ago?

I guess that's another question, do we have to ask for you to send the latest updates when a new version comes out?

Thanks!

That seems to be doing the trick so far... discouraged works well.

The action (ban / discouraged) seems problematic on this, though I'm not sure if a solution is readily available. When it matches accounts it actions all accounts, when it really should action duplicate accounts only, not every account the member has. The first should be left active, whilst subsequent accounts that match same computer (cookie) or IP are then banned / discouraged.

On a side note, I think IP banning is very risky, especially as I have members across the US who I've come across being given the same IP in different parts of the country. Purely random... but it occurs.

That seems to be doing the trick so far... discouraged works well.

The action (ban / discouraged) seems problematic on this, though I'm not sure if a solution is readily available. When it matches accounts it actions all accounts, when it really should action duplicate accounts only, not every account the member has. The first should be left active, whilst subsequent accounts that match same computer (cookie) or IP are then banned / discouraged.

On a side note, I think IP banning is very risky, especially as I have members across the US who I've come across being given the same IP in different parts of the country. Purely random... but it occurs.
Banning IP use basic username :) So if you have special permissions passing with Addon, you login as normal althought your IP banned in other Account

Your add-on appears to use the Report Centre to notify of duplicate accounts - in XF 1.2 there's an option to use a forum instead of the Report Centre - does your add-on honour this option and post to the nominated moderators forum?

Also, in my current add-on I have the option to send notifications via PM to a selection of user IDs (e.g.; 1,8,55,956,22125,221,17 ... etc.) - Is that an option with this add-on? If not, is it something you would consider adding?

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Your add-on appears to use the Report Centre to notify of duplicate accounts - in XF 1.2 there's an option to use a forum instead of the Report Centre - does your add-on honour this option and post to the nominated moderators forum?

Also, in my current add-on I have the option to send notifications via PM to a selection of user IDs (e.g.; 1,8,55,956,22125,221,17 ... etc.) - Is that an option with this add-on? If not, is it something you would consider adding?

Thanks,
Shaun :D
options-jpg.51858

Of course. But this only add a persion (reporter) :)
I will consider to adding post new thread in forum if its really necessary

Nobita, thanks for implementing some of the suggestions. I suspect that you may have misunderstood the suggestions.
You have added the function to search for similar account names, domain names, etc. This is nice but different functionality.
I suggest that if accounts have the same IP then make a calculation.
The calculation shows if accounts with the same IP are the same person.
example:
5 accounts are found with the same IP.
maybe these are the same person. Maybe these are different people.
To find out the addon needs to compare the accounts.
first check if the 5 accounts have similar names and give this a score of 20 points.
Let's assume that 2 accounts have similar names.
Then check the 5 accounts for similar email and give this a score of 10 points.
lets assume that 3 accounts have similar email. These accounts will get 10 points in the calculation.
Then check everything else and give points for each factor.
Calculate the total points for each account.
Now that each account has points we can say if each account is the same person or not.
we can do it like this:
0-10 points: not the same person.
20-30 points: likely the same person.
40-50 points: the same person.

Does that make sense?

Top Bottom