Won't fix Multiline tooltip y offset problem

I've seen this before and I believe it's more related to an underlying positioning issue/limitation of the tooltip library. (I know in XF2 I spent a fair amount of time testing this sort of stuff because I've seen issues like this in XF1.)

Generally, we don't expect tooltips to necessarily be as long as the ones you're demoing. If we do, we tend to use a different position for them. You'll shouldn't see issues if you use left, right or bottom based positioning. You may also be able to use custom positioning for the tooltip to handle this better.

So as it stands, I don't think this is something we're going to look at changing within XF1.

You can change the default positioning using a data-position attribute. Otherwise, you may need to consider a custom "effect" to change the positioning system. This is how the thread preview tooltips work (as they use bottom-based CSS positioning to allow the height to change without affecting the bottom of the tooltip; that is roughly what you need here, though your usage will be different).

I set data-position to bottom and that worked, however the arrow graphic is still showing up below everything. Is there a way to put the arrow up top?

Top Bottom