1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Multi-tiered User Upgrades - Best way?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Cue, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Cue

Cue Member

So say we have three packages for VIP User Upgrades: Bronze, Silver and Gold.

Bronze costs £5
    Silver costs £10
    Gold costs £15

What would the best way of handling this? I want users to be able to upgrade to any of them, I know I can disable the others while one is on, but it'd be great if say a user has Silver they can upgrade to gold by paying £5.

I guess I could do it manually, but that's a bit of a hassle.
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Couldn't you setup a 3 new groups bronze, silver and gold and tie them into the promotions ? I haven't used the promotion system so unsure how that would work. probably be best waiting for a better response.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could permute through the various combinations and then disable upgrades that don't apply. For example, Gold would have 3 different upgrades for £15, £10, and £5. Then when you setup your Bronze upgrade you would configure it to disable the £15 and £5 Gold upgrades.
  4. Cue

Cue Member

Sounds like a plan, not sure how to handle the whole month long timer on it though. Otherwise someone is bound to upgrade at the end of the month to get a month of Gold for £5.
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no option to prorate. That would require custom programming.