Multi-domain ad-serving software?

You never said how many sites you're talking about but you can buy a 5 domain license of Adpeeps for $200.00

The UI looks a bit archaic, but the software works like a charm. Will do everything from text ads to flash to php, ads can be weighted, and you can do multiple zones per page. I've heard OpenX works pretty well too, but I haven't tried them. I am using Adpeeps now (only on one domain) and haven't had a problem.

What's the best way to implement DFP's <head> section code into xF?

Nevermind, I see to use the ad_header template for the style(s) active is the way to go.

Of course I'm assuming I can point clients at DFP and they can buy their ads directly, with payments added onto my Adsense commissions?

I'm imagining this will save me the hassle of setting up software and processing payments myself from my own site/server?

Hmm ... it seems not. I got the wrong end of the stick.

DfP appears to be an ad-server - a platform for allowing you to serve ads from multiple sources; Adsense, affiliate ads, or upload campaigns for the direct sales you make yourself. Great for mixing/controlling your ad content and broaden the scope beyond just Adsense, but it doesn't offer any mechanism for selling your ad space - you still need to do the selling yourself - you can't direct prospective advertisers to DFP and give them a menu of your sites/ads with a click and buy option ... ;)

So in a very simple setup, say transitioning from Adsense to selling your ad-space directly from your site, you setup your advertising spaces - default them to Adsense when they're not filled - then setup your own avenue for selling the ad space and manually upload/setup campaigns as and when you make your own sales.

Not what I'd imagined it was originally, but probably much better than installing a PHP/MySQL ad-server app on your own server (and a good deal more scalable too).

So ... the next question is - Does anyone know of a simple and solid shopping cart that will integrate with an XF forum?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

My experience is that you still need a sales team to answer questions, negotiate on pricing, etc.
Not many advertisers will just click and pay money without talking to you in advance.

My experience is that you still need a sales team to answer questions, negotiate on pricing, etc.
Not many advertisers will just click and pay money without talking to you in advance.

not just a sales team, but comprehensive analytics and data about your audience.

We have a 7-page media kit PDF file that we provide to advertisers where we provide traffic analytics, demographics, etc for the audience they target in our site.

I'd love to see a copy of that, if your willing to share it? Wanting to put together something similar myself and not sure what details advertisers are wanting in such a kit.

I'd probably lose advertisers if they had to do parts themselves - that is, upload banners, check stats often, etc.

I've found that my clients enjoy having me do a lot of the work for them as opposed to them micromanaging. A company that places ads with me may have 50 other similar marketing efforts and I think they'd go crazy if each one made more work for them in ANY way.

Then again, there are those bean counter clients, but I can't seem to satisfy them anyway - I'd rather they use adsense and I'll get some of their money anyway!

The other day I had a client insult me with this story - my site sent something like 5,000 visitors to them and their ads showed well over a million times. They told me they only got $700 worth of business from it! This is despite the fact that one order from them is usually over this and I personally know a LOT of our members user their service yearly!

Sometimes TMI is a bad thing...depends on the client and advertiser. 15 years ago my biggest client told me their cost of leads (offline) was $36 each. Now, those same clients complain when a lead costs them 80 cents. The old saying applies "a little information is worse than none at all".

I knew I'd seen something but it's not for DFP Small Business users - it's the Doubleclick Ad Exchange and is available to full-service account holders. It enables you to auction your unsold inventory to advertisers, linking media buyers with publishers and giving you an opportunity to sell directly rather than falling back on Adsense.

I'm guessing it's not cheap to use the full Doubleclick service though as I can't see prices anywhere!! :eek:

Did you ever find a decent solutions for this. I'm not a fan of using DfP, as for starters its handing over to Google a shed load of data about my site visitors and as far as I'm concerned the less they know the better, and secondly, we have all heard of how fickle they are in regards to disabling ad sense accounts, and having a adsense account is a condition of using DfP, I'd hate to have set up all my advertisers and everything for the big G to then pull the plug on it.

I've been considering using OIOpublisher (http://www.oiopublisher.com/) or http://www.adzerk.com/ or maybe a mixture of the two. Does anyone have any experience of these?

Never used those, but wow - $100 a month for the one million impressions seem like a lot of money to waste! I'd rather set something up on my own server. The oio doesn't look too bad. I'm still using a 10 year old perl script myself to server 40K impressions per day. It works....but someday I have to get something newer!

Top Bottom