XF 1.1 MSQLi Errors

Xarcell

I just switched to a new host.

I see this error when I view source:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
<!-- The Mysqli extension is required for this adapter but the extension is not loaded -->

My host claims this extension was installed. Any ideas?

Thanks.

My host claims this extension was installed. Any ideas?

The error indicates otherwise. Could be what Clickfinity said. But basically contact your host again.

If you upload this phpinfo.php file (attached below) then you can confirm that mysqli is not installed. You should see a mysqli section in your phpinfo, like this:

Screen shot 2011-07-13 at 11.12.13 AM.webp

If it's not there then mysqli is not installed.

Attachments

The error indicates otherwise. Could be what Clickfinity said. But basically contact your host again.

If you upload this phpinfo.php file (attached below) then you can confirm that mysqli is not installed. You should see a mysqli section in your phpinfo, like this:

View attachment 31047

If it's not there then mysqli is not installed.

Thanks, I can verify that it is not installed. I don't know what to do about my hosting situation. The host I'm with is oversold and I want to leave. Renewel is due on 7-2-12. I tried another host, but it only lasted six days. The guy didn't have the experience to be hosting. Now I'm trying a new host and running into different problems. So far, it seems it's been a waste of 2 weeks trying to move all 9 of my domains around. It's hard to find a good shared host nowadays. I don't want to pay for a high end server, just to get better customer service, when I'm only using 2MB disk usage and 3GB bandwidth a month.

Every host I run into "promises" this and that, but not a single one has fulfilled their promise. I don't know what to do anymore, it's completely frustrating...

Go for a managed VPS, the middle ground here between shared and a "high"-er end deal.
http://www.site5.com/vps/normal/
There's just one recommendation but if you look around these boards you'll find several.

For me, I'd move out from shared. Shared is a; roll a dice, take your luck. Sometimes it'll be ok, others, YMMV.
Best of luck anyways :)

Start a thread in off-topic and ask other XF community members for hosting suggestions - explain about your technical requirements and what your ball-park budget is and I'm sure you'll get some honest feedback/reviews/suggestions.

Cheers,
Shaun

Top Bottom