Moving XenForo from Local to Online Webserver

Clovis

Hello, I've been trying to move my XenForo installation from my localhost test web server to my online host. I have imported the files via FTP. I have also imported the database via PHPmyAdmin.

I have modified my config.php file to use the Web Host database but when I try and access the forums (located in the root directory), I get this message:
Code:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

I have imported the database 3 times already, have rebuilt the master data (don't know if that helps) and changed the General Settings in the Admin.php about the forums web address.

I have no idea when and where I went wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

It's saying something about a missing data table for a plugin which is disabled in the admin.php. Also, the admin.php keeps logging me out every 5 seconds :(

EDIT: Turns out I had to manually disable the plugin in the database since the ACP wouldn't let me stay logged in. It seems to be working, but the plugins are broken. Going to ask the developer about that.

Thanks for the Help Brogan! :D

Which add-on?

Try uninstalling it or create the table.
You may need to post on the add-on thread for support with it.

It was XenPorta (again). Its requesting the table: EWRporta_layouts claiming that it does not exist, which is false, since it is in the database. The XenPorta developer has not responded to my previous question about an issue related to this.

It was XenPorta (again). Its requesting the table: EWRporta_layouts claiming that it does not exist, which is false, since it is in the database. The XenPorta developer has not responded to my previous question about an issue related to this.
If you are switching between Linux and Windows, you may have issues with the capitalisation of database table names for some add-ons. XenForo and most add-on developers stick with lowercase table names, but Jaxel uses capital letters.

Top Bottom