Moving visitor_tab to header [Deleted]

ibaker

ibaker submitted a new resource:

Moving visitor_tab to header - A template edit methos to move the Visitor Menu (Username, Inbox, Alerts and Log Out) to the top of

The main menu is prime real estate and with many great addons being created for XF it has become more and more apparent to me that many may need to move the Visitor Tabs of Username, Inbox, Alerts and Log Out off the main menu. There is a how to guide of achieving this putting them into the Moderator bar but to the normal user this also takes up extra vertical space. Also, to me a user should login and logout from the same spot on my site.

Thanks to Forsaken for guidance in his thread on how...

Read more about this resource...

great stuff and super idea (y)

is anyone able to build this into an Add-on, so we can get rid of annoying template-edits ?

Many thanks!

:coffee:

In the .user_menu that you added to your EXTRA.css change the float: right to float: left but you would have to do something about the height and float of your logo

This is what it looks like on the personal details page and latest alerts page

View attachment 45361
I would presume that it is displaying that way due to the style you are using. It seems to be putting a margin to the top of it.

In step 4 where you added the code in your EXTRA.css, try adding a margin-top: 0px; to it:
Code:
/* USER MENU */
.user_menu
{
    background-color: @primaryDarker;
    padding: 0 10px;
    border-bottom-right-radius: 10px;
    border-bottom-left-radius: 10px;
    box-shadow: 0px 2px 5px @primaryDarker;
    float:right;
    margin-top: 0px;
}
If that doesn't work try making the 0px a negative amount like -10px playing around with the value till you get it correct.

If that still doesn't work try putting an !important into it so it overrides any other margin that your style may have effecting it like:
margin-top: 0px !important;

Top Bottom