Moving to Xenforo

akafusion

We currently have a SMF forum with a simple portal homepage , which we promote threads to the homepage as articles

Xenforo seems to offer a lot more, especially the mobile response as most of our members use the forum via smartphone

We would like to do something similar with Xenforo , and have a landing page with articles or recent threads, do I need to purchase addons for this or is it available in the base package working with a portal

What portals are available?
And the addons with Xenforo are they available to be purchased at anytime?

Well technically they can be purchased at any time, although purchasing them for a non-current license would be a bit pointless as it wouldn't be possible to download them.

So if I had a license transferred to me, I could still buy the addons and update the subscription when the license expires

Has anyone got a link for a forum using a portal?

I've noticed this forum is Laggy from a mobile is this just this server?

Also I'm coming from SMF, I notice a lot of posts regarding conversion, it's a shame you haven't been able to implement this yet :(

Thanks for that Brogan
I have now purchased a license so the ball is rolling now, I can see there's a bit of a learning curve with this system.

As for mobile I use a BlackBerry Z30, I've noticed the lag on both wifi and data but not when I clear my cookies.

This is one of the main reasons from moving from SMF is the responsive setup is so much better than a mobile theme, and the majority of users are via smartphone.

Top Bottom