1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by akafusion, Apr 12, 2014.

1. akafusion

akafusion Member

We currently have a SMF forum with a simple portal homepage , which we promote threads to the homepage as articles

Xenforo seems to offer a lot more, especially the mobile response as most of our members use the forum via smartphone

We would like to do something similar with Xenforo , and have a landing page with articles or recent threads, do I need to purchase addons for this or is it available in the base package working with a portal

What portals are available?
    And the addons with Xenforo are they available to be purchased at anytime?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are several add-ons which provide portal/home page functionality.
    You can check here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

Official add-ons can be purchased and added to your license at any time.

akafusion likes this.
  3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Just for the sake of clarification (correct me if I'm wrong @Brogan) but to any valid current license, correct?

4. Brogan

Well technically they can be purchased at any time, although purchasing them for a non-current license would be a bit pointless as it wouldn't be possible to download them.

Tracy Perry likes this.
  5. akafusion

akafusion Member

So if I had a license transferred to me, I could still buy the addons and update the subscription when the license expires

Has anyone got a link for a forum using a portal?

I've noticed this forum is Laggy from a mobile is this just this server?

Also I'm coming from SMF, I notice a lot of posts regarding conversion, it's a shame you haven't been able to implement this yet :(

6. Brogan

7. akafusion

akafusion Member

Thanks for that Brogan
    I have now purchased a license so the ball is rolling now, I can see there's a bit of a learning curve with this system.

As for mobile I use a BlackBerry Z30, I've noticed the lag on both wifi and data but not when I clear my cookies.

This is one of the main reasons from moving from SMF is the responsive setup is so much better than a mobile theme, and the majority of users are via smartphone.