XF 1.3 Moving server: An unexpected error occurred.

TheLaw

I've tried everything that I know and cannot seem to avoid this message after simply moving from one server to the next - this is what I get using index.php on the site.

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

I followed the directions, which are actually even easier than moving many other sites. I tried to use the install directory, just to see if it would pop up with errors. It did.

File "Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php" does not exist or class "Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli" was not found in the file

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the problem. I have just installed another XF site on the same server and it worked flawlessly. On this site I noticed that it had caching enable so I simply deleted the references in the config file to caching (Memcache) and figured it would work without memcache. Unfortunately I'm out of options as the error log shows no errors except for people trying to access the site and getting the same error. I have a lot of "File does not exist" errors which go to 404.shtml but that's understandable if nobody can reach the pages they are supposed to reach.

Hoping others can lend some insight.

Last edited:
Does Filezilla try to open multiple connections to transfer multiple files at a time? I don't think my WinSCP does that, or it isn't enabled. Maybe that's why its faster?

I've had superb results from filezilla. Not sure what your problems were.
Oh, it's not just me.... just do a search based upon FileZilla here and you will find post after post where problems people were having eventually were traced back to an install/upgrade that was performed using FZ and it crapping all over a couple of the files - resulting in failed upgrades/installs. ;)
I personally use Transmit on my Mac.

There are countless FTP clients for the PC. I have a couple of others I could use. It's what I love about my PCs - multitudes of choices if one fails. Truth is that I'll need to use linux more often and that will probably be the way I'm heading. Thanks for the help guys.

Top Bottom