moving resources from xfrm to threads

electrogypsy

Apologies if there is already an answer to this, all my searching kept coming up with solutions for doing this opposite of what i am looking for.

I'm looking for an addon that will let me import/move items from the XFRM to threads in a forum, with attachments. I am moving to a different software and would like to not lose the several hundred items currently in my XFRM.

If none exist, perhaps a mod could move this to the custom development requests section.

PatriotGB

Ditto. Is there a way to move a post in the Resource section and make it a regular thread in a forum?

nicodak

:unsure: Why not ?
You can if the destination forum is a regular forum, note article, question or suggestion forums.

mjda

Nope. Can only move it within the Resource categories. Cannot move it to regular forum as a regular thread.

Are you able to use the batch update to change the thread type to Discussion, then move them wherever you'd like?

PatriotGB

:unsure: Why not ?
You can if the destination forum is a regular forum, note article, question or suggestion forums.

There must be a misunderstanding.

There is no mechanism to move a post in the Resource Manager and make it a regular thread in a regular forum. The "Move" function only allows moving the Resource post to a different category within the Resource Manager. The destination options do not include any of the forums... Only other categories within the Resource Manager.

PatriotGB

Admittedly a fairly rare occurrence that this would be needed. Perhaps a "work-around" (I just thought of this):

Copy-paste the contents of the Resource to the OP in the related discussion thread. Then move that thread to the desired forum! (Then delete the Resource.)

Make sense?

beerForo

Make sense?
Nick Young Reaction GIF