Moving on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Hi all,

In light of the situation at XenForo HQ and the total lack of development I have decided to move along and leave xenForo behind. For anyone seeking answers to questions not answered on this community then let it be said that the info is out there.... look to other websites and google.

I have no alternative to switch to or timescale pinned down at this time but enough is enough.

I wish everyone all the best. For me, this is a reluctant and unwanted outcome but I refuse to take part in the xenForo drama anymore.

I only hope that Jake and Slavik can maintain this community and that somehow, despite everything, xenForo can survive and one day receive the developer attention it deserves - that cannot happen for some time but may happen one day if the users fight for its survival - and it will be a fight.

All the best!!

Rob

You are welcome back anytime.

In light of the situation at XenForo HQ and the total lack of development...

There has been no news about "XenForo HQ" or a development schedule. What situation are you referring to?

but I refuse to take part in the xenForo drama anymore.

Oh yeah, that situation. Well the drama is basically due to threads like this. It's self-fulfilling.

I only hope that Jake and Slavik can maintain this community

I got this.

I agree, most of the drama seems to be from the members, not so much from "the HQ". The only thing from there is (temporary?) silence.

One question, if you have no alternative to switch to, why bother leaving? If you dislike the drama, stay out of the topics or don't read the forums. You can continue using xenforo until you find something you like better, and then leave?

There has been no news about "XenForo HQ" or a development schedule. What situation are you referring to?

Jake, it is the 'real' situation. The situation that you and I both know (and several others) but the general public do not. I fundamentally think how things are being done here are completely and utterly wrong. Truth goes a long way.... silence goes nowhere. I appreciate this is all beyond your control and it is not your responsibility or place to speak up on such matters.

I feel for ya Jake... can't be easy being here.

Hi Rob. I and many other people are very displeased at the developer's total lack of respect for their customers and supporters.

However, my request to you would be to wait out till trial begins and give it a few more months until the outcome of the trial is known.

I introduced myself when i joined and feel it only good manners to do so... likeways, saying goodbye is considered manners too.

I think its sad how my thread has turned into such a pathetic b!tch.

Jake, you speak to Mike every day? You know as much as me, probably more. It's not my place to say... its not yours either... and therein lies the problem because 'someone' who really should be spilling the beans has his head wedged up his ass hoping the world will pass him by while he's up there.

I rarely talk to Mike. I usually know the answer without his help.

Soooo... you were told something in confidence that you aren't supposed to divulge? And now you are telling everyone you know something but you can't say what? Then what's the point?

None so blind as those who cannot see. Shame you dont know the full picture.

Whats worse is perpetuation of a lie.

It's sad that you posted it.

Seriously.

I thought you were leaving? You can go now....

Or is your only goal to say "Look at me... Look at me. Oh and I think things here suck because the last update was only 2 months ago... Oh noes!!" :rolleyes:

.... I'm really getting tired of people like you. IF you feel so strongly, act on it and shut your trap. This applies to everyone else here who agrees with Rob.

No need to be mean. :(

If you guys don't mind I'm gonna lock this thread. Rob just wanted to say bye and he has. The rest is just drama which is why Rob is leaving, so I don't think he will object to a lock. He has made his point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom