1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Moving Notices below threads in thread_view

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by JVCode, Jul 13, 2015.

1. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

What code needs to be shifted? I've tried with no luck, does anyone know ?

Edit: it's forum_view I need to edit.

Capture.PNG

I'd like notices to be displayed below the "Create Topic" button at the bottom.​

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This guide may help with identifying templates and performing edits: How To...

3. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Can't seem to get notices to move... :\ I "think" I've found the code to move, but it won't shift.

Would this be the correct code?

<xen:if is="{$showPostedNotice}">
    <div class="importantMessage">{xen:phrase message_submitted_displayed_pending_approval}</div>
    </xen:if>

4. Brogan

As notices are displayed globally, you will need to look in the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

upload_2015-7-13_10-57-0.png

If you only want to change the position on the thread_view template, then you will need to wrap that in a conditional statement to exclude it from the thread_view template and add another include further down the page using another conditional statement to only include it in the thread_view template.

5. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Thanks Brogan, but what is a conditional statement? :ROFLMAO:

6. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

7. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

This is going to be more challenging than I first thought. Gulp!

8. Brogan

To hide the default include on the thread_view template, edit the original include line to this:
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'thread_view'">
    <xen:include template="notices" />

Then add new code in the PAGE_CONTAINER template further down where you want it to show on the thread_view template, using this:
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'thread_view'">
    <xen:include template="notices" />

JVCode likes this.
  9. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Damn, didn't realize it would be in create topic, and thread view also! notices are difficult to move and remove!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015