Moving Hosts - How?

mrchasez

How do i move my Xenforo community to a new host.
I have downloaded all the files inside of public_html (root directory),
and i have just downloaded the database.

What steps do i do?
I will need to move the website domain over too, which i know how to do.
Do i upload all the files, and database to the new server, and then
how do i change the information, because the new database is
a different name, and has a different IP.

I want to do this tonight, so looking forward to help.
Cheers.

I have recently moved hosts to xfhost.me. Mike Edge was very helpful in the process. He basically asked for my previous username and password and pulled all my account details, files and database, to the new server withouth much trouble of uploading/downloading files. Great service from him.

What I'm trying to say is, your new host should be able to get all that info without you doing much.

I have recently moved hosts to xfhost.me. Mike Edge was very helpful in the process. He basically asked for my previous username and password and pulled all my account details, files and database, to the new server withouth much trouble of uploading/downloading files. Great service from him.

What I'm trying to say is, your new host should be able to get all that info without you doing much.

Well, you don't know the situation. We are currently using cPanel but the new host don't offer cPanel.
We are switching to NFo who has been hosting our Xeon 1270 for one and a half years, so i won't be swoon!

I do want help though...

More specific.
"Download old files"
"UPload to new root"
"Download SQL then upload"
"Configure this etc etc"

Nope, there would be no reason to upload and download anything. Just simply rsync it and then use mysqldump to do a remote dump of the database to a sql file on your new server.

Top Bottom