Moving from WorldPress/bbPress to xenForo

Komori

I'm going to make a long and slightly sad story short. I'm currently a staff member for a forum and the set up the admin chose was a WorldPress/bbPress mix. In short, the setup was good for a temporary build but not long term. We need to move as much of the information from this old setup to xenForo as possible. We're mostly concerned with member's profiles, profile posts, threads with replies, attachments, and other forum related content. Looking around, I understand xenForo doesn't have officially support an import like this and the only plugin version I could find only transferred members. What's your suggestion be to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

The pre-sales FAQ in my signature lists all of the available converters.
You will need to first convert to compatible software and then use one of those; it will be a two step conversion.

The pre-sales FAQ in my signature lists all of the available converters.
You will need to first convert to compatible software and then use one of those; it will be a two step conversion.
Sorry for the delayed reply, we've been very busy trying to clean up a few thing. Is there a compatible software you'd recommend over another?

I'd like to say we were able to move the bbPress 2.3.X database over to xenForo using IP.board 3.4 as a bridge platform. There was some clean up needed with a few users and forum categories. Also all users have a zero post count, but I think I can fix that.

I'd like to say we were able to move the bbPress 2.3.X database over to xenForo using IP.board 3.4 as a bridge platform. There was some clean up needed with a few users and forum categories. Also all users have a zero post count, but I think I can fix that.

Hi there can I ask how you imported into IPB... did you need an IPB licence to do this?

If you'd like, I can PM you the exact method I used to get my site's bbPress database over to xF if you'd like. It is a bit long though.
Hi Komori - I know this thread is a bit old, but I am looking to do the exact same thing (bbPress to xenforo). Do you recall how you did it? If so, would you be willing to message me with your method? Thanks!

Top Bottom