Moving from Vbulletin 4.x, plugin compatibility or same functionality

AntonioC

Hello,

I'm in process to move my forum from VB4 to Xenforo. I use an award system plugin for contest on forum that show awards on user profile that have win it ( award are assigned by moderators ). Xenforo use Trophy, is it the same?

foto2371.webp

foto2372.webp

Furthermore we use PhotoPost plugin to manage user photo gallery, what is the best solution to manage user photo gallery in Xenforo? And are there some importer from photopost to xenforo?

Thanks,
Antonio

The built in Trophy system may do what you want. There is aldi an add on by @xfrocks which allows you to issue Medals to a user.

As for a Gallery there are a couple of solutions available. One is written by me. http://xenmediagallery.com.

It doesn't currently have a Photopost importer but it will do soon. I have an importer from vBulletin Albums, and a couple of XF add-ons.

Another gallery is by sonnb. This has a Photopost importer.

Both add ons can be seen in the Top Resources section of the Resource Manager.

Thanks Chris, I really like your gallery add on mostly because it can manage videos too. Do you have any ETA on when importer will be released? We have more than 17000 images in photopost db

The video functionality is just video embeds from other sites (it makes use of the BB Code Media Site system built into XF) and that is the same as sonnb's gallery too, to be fair.

I'm currently in the process of completing Xen Media Gallery 2.1. That version introduces the vB3 and vB4 Albums importers but I haven't yet decided if I'll have time to implement the Photopost importer. Photopost and IP.Gallery will definitely be the next importers, just not confident I'll have time before 2.1 is released.

Top Bottom