Moving from VB5

KarlM

I recently purchased VB5 - and by God, wish I hadn't bothered. It looks amazing, but is so bug-ridden & fiddly. Believe me, I don't say this lightly - I've been a loyal VB user for some 10 years. I saw the disruption occurring and hoped things would settle... It was sold from England to America and sorry to say, but it's just been downhill since. And of course, all the problems between employees ...

So, anyway, we have a little over 3k members, some 48k topics & 337k posts.

We had been making use of social groups, blogs & articles on vb4/5 but they've all been messed up since the upgrade. Can they be imported, even if into a different type of content holder?

There's no built in importer for VB5 so you would have to do a two stage import or use a custom importer.

Similarly, we don't import blogs or articles, so a custom importer would also be required for those.

I recently purchased VB5 - and by God, wish I hadn't bothered. It looks amazing, but is so bug-ridden & fiddly. Believe me, I don't say this lightly - I've been a loyal VB user for some 10 years. I saw the disruption occurring and hoped things would settle... It was sold from England to America and sorry to say, but it's just been downhill since. And of course, all the problems between employees ...

So, anyway, we have a little over 3k members, some 48k topics & 337k posts.

We had been making use of social groups, blogs & articles on vb4/5 but they've all been messed up since the upgrade. Can they be imported, even if into a different type of content holder?
Hi

We convert vBulletin 5 forums to XenForo as well for even less than an IPB licence.

And how much would someone like @Claudio charge for a forum with about 350k posts, 2k members? I did look at the link in your sig - but it's the wrong link (it's for the monthly maintenance service) so can't really tell from here.

And how much would someone like @Claudio charge for a forum with about 350k posts, 2k members? I did look at the link in your sig - but it's the wrong link (it's for the monthly maintenance service) so can't really tell from here.

You could take a look here. Also they have live chat on their website so I guess you could approach them that way for a quick quote :).

Yep, already had a look & spoke with a chap, thanks :)

The import seems reasonable given there's no s/w import available from XF themselves, but I'm still chewing on things for the moment.

Top Bottom