moving from vb4 to xen

rexxxy

couple question

when you import are you able to import the cms articles from vb4 to xf?

if so how are you able to do so and possible use xencarta to display it?

Is it possible to move files form vb4 downloads II to XF micro download add-on?

I use vbtube for videos on vb4, is it possible to import that to something like xenmedia?

This importer imports the CMS articles as threads in XenForo:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vb4-importer.1025/

XenPorta displays threads as news posts on the portal page, so once the articles are imported as threads they can again be displayed on the portal using XenPorta:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.90/

Is it possible to move files form vb4 downloads II to XF micro download add-on?

I use vbtube for videos on vb4, is it possible to import that to something like xenmedia?

I am not familiar with "vb4 downloads II" or "vbtube". Are those addons?

"No" on the vBtube importer. I used vBtube on vBulletin.

I think the closest thing to that here, would be XenMedio. But Jaxel does not have a vBtube importer, that I know of.

I think the answer would be the same on the vB4 Downloads II. The importer works great for importing virtually all parts of vBulletin. It cannot take into account the 1000's of mods that were available for vB.

You'll likely find an add-on that will serve your needs, but you are going to have to do some manual reposting to get your old stuff back from those add-on mods for vB.

When my board was imported from vB 4.x, the CMS articles were imported as threads.

Lost all of the Downloads II attachments. I don't know if the Resource Manager could be used to import the attachments if there was an importer built specifically for that. I suspect that this could be coded, but my solution was to start from scratch with RM. It is time intensive to "re-create" what I had with Downloads II, but that is the only choice I think available absent the coding of an importer for that mod.

Top Bottom