XF 2.1 Moving forward multiple revisions..

ps23Rick

Ok.. So I'm going to ask a question that I've wondered about but never asked. I've got a board that is currently running 2.1.5 (not sure if it's 2.1.5A or the vanilla 2.1.5).. I want to move forward to something a bit newer.

With that in mind, can I just get the version I'm interested in moving to (e.g. 2.1.8 patch 2) and skip bothering with the intermediate revisions (e.g. in this case 2.1.6 patch 1, and 2.1.7) and just download the 2.1.8 patch 2 and go directly from 2.1.5 to 2.1.8 patch 2? I just want to ensure that I'm not going to get hosed in the upgrade process if I skip the middle versions. Thx!!

You can always upgrade directly to any later version.

The upgrade script will automatically step through all of the versions.

I recently upgraded from XF 1.1 directly to 2.1 for a customer.

It's one of the things I am thankful for about Xenforo. I deal with corporate systems in real life and anything more than a 1 or 2 step upgrade usually requires at least one intermediate upgrade. I am pretty sure I did one many, many years ago where I had to go through 2 intermediate upgrades. Being able to just jump from 1.5.something to 2.1.1 (I think that's what was current when I upgraded) was heavenly, esp. since I already had an updated style and add-ons ready and tested in my dev.

Top Bottom