XF 1.4 Moved forums, nothing shows?

TDUBS

I just moved my forums to a new Linux server. It has a LAMP stack setup on it with memcached. When I visit the URL, a white page will just come up but when I go to the direct IP Address, it loads fine (maintenance mode). When I go to login and after I hit login, the page goes white at this URL: http://ipaddress/index.php?login/login and I can't do anything from there. I set the internal_data, js, and data folder to 0777 and still nothing. I purged my CDN cache and hard refreshed, and nothing.

Is there something I forgot?

Thanks!

Were you using caching on your old server and not on this one?

Yes. Also, I think it has to do with my DB because whenever the old information is there, it says "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." as normal but when I change it to the correct info and reload, it goes blank. I just did a reupload of my backup as well.

Update: I just tried re-importing the DB and the same thing happened again. However, it's happening towards the end of the importing. I refreshed while it was still importing and my forum showed up and said "An unexpected error occurred" as normal because the DB wasn't finished importing, but once it finished - it went blank when I refreshed.

Last edited:
Uh... how exactly are you importing the DB? Via phpMyAdmin? If you have your own VPS/Dedi, that is the WORST way to do it. You will get time out errors (unless you have set some ridiculously high temp settings for some of the values).

Try doing it direct from SSH. It's not that difficult to do. Just place your SQL file on the server and do a myqsql -u<username> -p dbname < to_import.sql.

If the DB is fairly large, just install screen and use it also (in fact, you really should do that anyway).

I fixed that (thought I did) but using the script I posted in that thread. Do you mind if I PM you and explain everything?
No thanks. You should post your information here on the forums for everyone to see. If you want help with something and ask others you should post the full facts, not just partial details.

No thanks. You should post your information here on the forums for everyone to see. If you want help with something and ask others you should post the full facts, not just partial details.

They're full facts and not partial details. The thing is, nobody seems to understand why it's not working.

They're full facts and not partial details. The thing is, nobody seems to understand why it's not working.
They are partial details because you didn't explain in this thread that you had problems previously which are detailed in the thread I linked to.

Your database may still be corrupted. Follow the instructions that Mike gave you in the other thread or do what @Tracy Perry has suggested.

They are partial details because you didn't explain in this thread that you had problems previously which are detailed in the thread I linked to.

Your database may still be corrupted. Follow the instructions that Mike gave you in the other thread or do what @Tracy Perry has suggested.

You're not understanding or fully reading the thread/posts. I already stated I tried importing the database via SSH and it's not working. Now I'm in search of another solution. Maybe the script I've been running is still resulting in a corrupt DB as you stated. Since I'm seeking help on how to fix this, I'm not sure what other steps to take. The script I used was to execute mysqldump which is what Mike suggested.

This is what I use to dump and restore on a regular basis

Dump:
Rich (BB code):
mysqldump -udatabase_user -p --single-transaction --skip-lock-tables database_name > /path/to/backup/database_name_$(date +%d.%m.%y).sql

Zip:
Rich (BB code):
tar -czf database_name_$(date +%d.%m.%y).tar.gz /path/to/backup/database_name_$(date +%d.%m.%y).sql

Restore:
Rich (BB code):
mysql -udatabase_user -p database_name < backup.sql

If that doesn't work then the failure is elsewhere.

Yes... I'm thinking that it may have to do with a CloudFlare issue... as I'm able to hit the site just fine via the IP (with the exception of getting the notice that the forums are closed).

Will have to check the error logs at the HTTP server level.

Last edited:
@Tracy Perry has been working with the issue and it seems it was actually an addon (Snog - Country Flags) causing a PHP error as there's troubles with CentOS and PHP 5.6.7 for bcmath. The error we were getting is as listed below.

Code:
Flags/Listener/Includes/Reader/Decoder.php on line 258, referer: http://IP Address/admin.php
[Tue Apr 07 03:42:15 2015] [error] [client IP Address] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Countryflags\\Db\\Reader\\bcadd() in /var/www/html/library/Snog/CountryFlags/Listener/Includes/Reader/Decoder.php on line 258, referer: http://IP Address/admin.php
[Tue Apr 07 03:45:50 2015] [error] [client IP Address] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Countryflags\\Db\\Reader\\bcadd() in /var/www/html/library/Snog/CountryFlags/Listener/Includes/Reader/Decoder.php on line 258
[Tue Apr 07 03:45:56 2015] [error] [client IP Address] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Countryflags\\Db\\Reader\\bcadd() in /var/www/html/library/Snog/CountryFlags/Listener/Includes/Reader/Decoder.php on line 258

When trying to correct the issue with bcmath, we get:

Code:
[root@forums logs]# yum install php-bcmath
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, replace
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror-centos.hostingswift.com
* extras: mirror.oss.ou.edu
* updates: mirror.team-cymru.org
* webtatic: us-east.repo.webtatic.com
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package php-bcmath.x86_64 0:5.3.3-40.el6_6 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: php-common(x86-64) = 5.3.3-40.el6_6 for package: php-bcmath-5.3.3-40.el6_6.x86_64
--> Running transaction check
---> Package php-common.x86_64 0:5.3.3-40.el6_6 will be installed
--> Processing Conflict: php56w-common-5.6.7-1.w6.x86_64 conflicts php-common < 5.5.0
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: php56w-common conflicts with php-common-5.3.3-40.el6_6.x86_64
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
[root@forums logs]#

Everything is working back to normal thanks to Tracy. We temporarily disabled the plugin until we find a fix for the above install error.

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

I'll look at it later for you (unless someone else chimes in with the fix for centOS). I know it had to do with the REMI repo - but it's been a bit ago since I dealt with it and right now I'm seeing 3 screens I'm so tired. :sleep:

Fixed the bcmath problem. As shown in the logs, I have webtatic repo installed to get the latest PHP version. So when I install PHP modules, I need to do:

Code:
yum install php56w-bcmath

Which will install the module(s) correctly.

Top Bottom