Move to Xenforo

polle

Hi, I am looking into this solution, can you please let me know if its possible ?

I have a site with 3 systems now.

1- WordPress for news
2- VBulletin for forum
3- Photopost for gallery

I want to have everything integrated and share users from my forum.

Vbulletin and Photopost is already integrated and works really really well, but I have the WordPress thing hanging there, because there are no updated modules for bridging VB and WP.

Does Xenforo has anything like that ?

Photopost has a basic integration that works with Xenforo, so I need to know what will I be able to do here.

Can I import a complete VB installation without problems ?
Is there a full working bridge or something for wordpress ?
How does that bridge work in case it exists ?
Etc...
Can you please share info about this ?

Don't hesitate to give the most info you can, I will gladly read everything.

Thanks.

I would suggest you to reconsider the PhotoPost/Xenforo integration. What they offer is a basic product meant for a different forum-product that will at the very best offer user-login synchronization and css-col0our mimicking.

The product itself is not meant for XenForo, does not follow the coding standards used by XenForo, and sadly, will look alien on XenForo, unless you will spend time modifying things yourself to make it fit better visually.

I expect the user-friendliness of the whole merger will not be very good, and it will really not feel like using XenForo.

Thanks faeronsayn, the problem is that I can't test anything (I cant download it). Can anyone share anything about how it works ?

I was looking at this for WordPress bridge.
Has anyone tried it ?
Any words on it ?
Is that something official or well known ?

It looks fine and it seems to work perfect for what I am looking.

SchmitzIT, as a gallery the problem is that I have PP already with a lot of data. Is there a gallery solution for XF ?

I am king of stuck there and if I can at least integrate my 3 systems its a bonus, of course if there is something else I should look at for a gallery, please share.

Thanks.

1- WordPress for news
There are a few addon's for wordpress.​
* One free addon will let you use your xenforo style on Wordpress​
* One free addon will you you use xenforo for wordpress user autentnication​
* One paid addon will take that integration a step further by showing XF avatars and stuff on WP. That's the one I am planning on using when I get some time to work on my site more.​
2- VBulletin for forum​
* Will be xenforo :)
3- Photopost for gallery​
* I know Photopost lets you authenticate against xenforo but I haven't really used it so can't comment on it much except to say that its probably on par with the integrations for other forums. Basic but works.​

I would suggest you to reconsider the PhotoPost/Xenforo integration. What they offer is a basic product meant for a different forum-product that will at the very best offer user-login synchronization and css-col0our mimicking.

The product itself is not meant for XenForo, does not follow the coding standards used by XenForo, and sadly, will look alien on XenForo, unless you will spend time modifying things yourself to make it fit better visually.

I expect the user-friendliness of the whole merger will not be very good, and it will really not feel like using XenForo.
Indeed, I used PP on my old vBulletin site and looked at the XF integration and decided I would be better off waiting till something better comes along.

Before you switch over to Xenforo, you can try this Wordpress/vBulletin solution.

http://www.the8thlegion.com/forum/threads/wordpress-as-vbulletin4-homepage.3223/

But I advise you to go ahead and convert to Xenforo because xenscript's Wordpress integration is a much tighter experience. It requires no custom modification to get it workingwith vB4 and has more features. You can move your photopost gallery to User Albums. I did that recently.

Before you switch over to Xenforo, you can try this Wordpress/vBulletin solution.

http://www.the8thlegion.com/forum/threads/wordpress-as-vbulletin4-homepage.3223/

But I advise you to go ahead and convert to Xenforo because xenscript's Wordpress integration is a much tighter experience. It requires no custom modification to get it workingwith vB4 and has more features. You can move your photopost gallery to User Albums. I did that recently.

Hi The8thLegion.

About the bridge.
I see this "Tested on vBulletin 3.8.6 and WP 3.0.4" and I have VB 4.1.7 patch 2 and WP 3.2.1.

Any experience with that ?

About the gallery.
Is there a tutorial, script or something in how to import PP to user albums ? User albums is an addon for XF ? Where can I see it working or something ?

Thanks.

Hi The8thLegion.

About the bridge.
I see this "Tested on vBulletin 3.8.6 and WP 3.0.4" and I have VB 4.1.7 patch 2 and WP 3.2.1.

Any experience with that ?

About the gallery.
Is there a tutorial, script or something in how to import PP to user albums ? User albums is an addon for XF ? Where can I see it working or something ?

Thanks.
Follow the directions in his installation guide as if you were installing it in vb3 but for vb4. It works fine that way. The only part that doesn't work is avatars and I have a code to fix that lying around here somewhere.

No import script for photopost sorry. I manually transferred albums over.

Follow the directions in his installation guide as if you were installing it in vb3 but for vb4. It works fine that way. The only part that doesn't work is avatars and I have a code to fix that lying around here somewhere.
Can you share that please ?

No import script for photopost sorry. I manually transferred albums over.
Wow.
How did you transfer images and associate them to users ?

I am going to do the move, so the more info, tools and scripts I get, the better for my transition.

Thanks again for sharing.

Can you share that please ?

Wow.
How did you transfer images and associate them to users ?

I am going to do the move, so the more info, tools and scripts I get, the better for my transition.

Thanks again for sharing.
I uploaded the albums as myself. Then went into phpAdmin to change the user id to reflect who the album belonged to. You don't have to do that for the pics, only albums and then it will apply to the rest of the pics.

About that code I would have to look for it. It is only for avatars or else it uses the default wordpress avatar. Matter-of-fact, I'll give it to you in that Wordpress vBulletin 4 thread if you reply in there.

I just read that users can't comment if they are not registered in the VB forum, and I can't use that ! (is there a fix for this?)

So I think I will go straight to the move to have things working...

I uploaded the albums as myself. Then went into phpAdmin to change the user id to reflect who the album belonged to. You don't have to do that for the pics, only albums and then it will apply to the rest of the pics.

About that code I would have to look for it. It is only for avatars or else it uses the default wordpress avatar. Matter-of-fact, I'll give it to you in that Wordpress vBulletin 4 thread if you reply in there.

I have 5500 members and 1,173 pictures, so it's not that easy for me I guess...

Can you share your mysql query for changing users ?

I assume I will have to upload my images for the last thing, so I can bulk upload by users...

If you can share a tip for this I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I would assume it's not that difficult to accomplish if you ensure you save the importing table. That table will provide you with the links for the old userid and the new ones generated for XF.

The query undoubtedly would be something along the lines of the following:

Code:
UPDATE archived_import_log l, album_user a
SET a.user_id = l.new_id
WHERE a.user_id = l.old_id

Your 5500 members did not create 5500 albums though right?

For instance, only a handful of members on my site uploaded pics. In some cases, members had more than one album. So what I did was download the data folder from my photopost directory and reorganize the folders, naming it for the member who uploaded the album. If it was more than one album I usually merged it into one and named the album after their username.

I didn't do any queries. I simply did a search for the members on my xenforo forum and noted down what their user id was inside the album description. This is pretty much manual labor. Unless you can ask someone here or hire a coder, you would have to do it yourself. It took me about two days and some good music and I was done. Now if you want comments and the exact dates albums were posted then that's an even more monumental tasks. That would take you weeks.

Top Bottom