Resource icon

Move to Trash Can 1.0.5

No permission to download
I installed this mod went to option and can find nothing about it. I get this error when I try and use it!

Code:
The following error occurred:
The Trash Can node has not been set. Please remedy this in the Admin Control Panel.

So i went to my node tree and even tried to create a forum for this but still don't see any setting for it?
Set the trash can node by going to Admin Control Panel -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Trash Can Node

Set the trash can node by going to Admin Control Panel -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Trash Can Node

Thanks that worked it would be nice to see this type of information in the install instructions

I found some bugs:

1. The Trash button is being display even when selecting individual posts within a thread and if you attempt to click it you get the following error message: "The requested page could not be found."

2. After you trash a thread, the forum where it was posted will still report that the thread is there (this happens in the homepage, not in the forum page). However that thread isn't there anymore but in the Trash Can forum. To fix that you have to manually Rebuild Forum Information. This doesn't happen when using the regular Delete button.

Also I have some suggestions

1. You should ask for a trash reason... that's a must imho.
2. Instead of providing the Trash button as an alternative to the Delete button (basically two buttons that do almost the same thing) you should simple replace the original Delete action with your Trash function.

Any news on these bugs and suggestions?

NixFifty updated Move to Trash Can with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.4

What's new:
  • New trash threads permission.
    • Inline moderation button and thread tools link are correctly hidden if no permission.
  • Removed unused file.
  • Fixed issue with counters not updating.
  • Fixed issue with moderators being able to boost their mod actions.
  • You are now able to specify a reason as to why a thread has been deleted.
  • Soft deleting is now optional and is permission based.
    • If user does not have permission to trash and soft delete a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How about trash profile post ? It shows when we tick to select one or more profile post but got the error The requested page cannot be found or something. Is there a way to hide it or someting or make it work ?

How about trash profile post ? It shows when we tick to select one or more profile post but got the error The requested page cannot be found or something. Is there a way to hide it or someting or make it work ?
I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks!

Is there anyway to modify this to allow posts to be moved to trash can from the inline mod feature, as Trash appears in there anyway but the error message is:

The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post does not define an action called Trash.

So can that be edited?

Is there anyway to modify this to allow posts to be moved to trash can from the inline mod feature, as Trash appears in there anyway but the error message is:

The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post does not define an action called Trash.

So can that be edited?
I'll give it a play and see what I can come up with. :)

I didn't find anywhere to set trash can, or does this create one?

When I selected a thread and clicked trash, then confirm, I received this (the inline-mod/thread/trash page shows up blank right after):
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method NixFifty_TrashCan_Model_InlineMod_Thread::responseError() -library/NixFifty/TrashCan/Model/InlineMod/Thread.php:17

When I selected a thread and clicked trash, then confirm, I received this (the inline-mod/thread/trash page shows up blank right after):
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method NixFifty_TrashCan_Model_InlineMod_Thread::responseError() -library/NixFifty/TrashCan/Model/InlineMod/Thread.php:17
Thanks. I'll look in to that.

Installation instructions can be found here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/move-to-trash-can.2703/field?field=faq

Options > Basic Board Information > Trash Can Node (at the bottom)

Does this allow you to trash individual posts? I can see the 'Trash' button when I click the edit box for the whole topic but is it possible to only trash one or selected posts in a topic? :)

Top Bottom