1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move to Trash Can 1.0.5

Delete and move threads to a specific trash can node with two clicks.

Tags:
  1. NixFifty

NixFifty Well-Known Member

Diesel submitted a new resource:

Move to Trash Can - Delete and move threads to a specific trash can node with two clicks.

Read more about this resource...

santamo and xf_phantom like this.
  2. Noxite

Noxite Member

I'm guessing the permission imitates the 'delete thread' one? As I cannot find where to set permissions for trashing. Thanks!

3. NixFifty

Yes, that is correct. :)

4. Noxite

Noxite Member

Awesome! Very handy mod tool, thankyou!

5. NixFifty

Thank you, be sure to leave a review on the resource when you've had a play :)

6. Noxite

Noxite Member

It would be nice to be able to specify a reason for why a mod is trashing a thread rather than automatically putting the reason as "Trashed"!

7. estranged

estranged Well-Known Member

Is there an easy way to make this addon not soft delete the threads but only move them to the thrash forum?

8. NixFifty

I'll add both as options in a new version. Thanks for your feedback.

9. Noxite

Noxite Member

Thanks! Can't wait! Will pop a good review in when you do :)

10. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

this addon simmiler to ragtek addon right ?

11. NixFifty

Sort of. That one doesn't allow for multiple threads to be 'trashed' at once through the use of Inline Moderation.

12. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

i it was nice feature
    thanks ^_^

13. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Where do you set the node threads are to be 'trashed' to?

14. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

http://xxxx.com/forum/admin.php?options/list/basicBoard
    just replace xxxx.com with ur domain and forum folder
    ^_^ i forget what is was the option in english ! as my xenforo r in another lang sorry for that

15. TBDragon

TBDragon Active Member

waiting
    cuz i need to go to batch option =( and undelete them all the time in the trash node
    so hope u add the option soon

16. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Ah ok, I looked under node/thread options but not that one lol ... thanks for that :)

It's the Basic Board Information option.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  17. NixFifty

I'll get round to it soon, just a bit tied up with other commitments :)

18. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I found some bugs:

1. The Trash button is being display even when selecting individual posts within a thread and if you attempt to click it you get the following error message: "The requested page could not be found."

2. After you trash a thread, the forum where it was posted will still report that the thread is there (this happens in the homepage, not in the forum page). However that thread isn't there anymore but in the Trash Can forum. To fix that you have to manually Rebuild Forum Information. This doesn't happen when using the regular Delete button.

Also I have some suggestions

1. You should ask for a trash reason... that's a must imho.
    2. Instead of providing the Trash button as an alternative to the Delete button (basically two buttons that do almost the same thing) you should simple replace the original Delete action with your Trash function.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    MasterPiece likes this.
  19. DirtRider

DirtRider Guest

When install the XML I get the following error

Please enter a valid callback method (NixFifty_TrashCan_Listener_Listen::loadClassController).

20. DirtRider

DirtRider Guest

I installed this mod went to option and can find nothing about it. I get this error when I try and use it!

Code:
    The following error occurred:
    The Trash Can node has not been set. Please remedy this in the Admin Control Panel. 
    So i went to my node tree and even tried to create a forum for this but still don't see any setting for it?