Lack of interest Move The Post New Thread Button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

DRE

I think you should move the Post New Thread Button over to the left.

Noobs keep asking me where it is. I tell em it's on the left. They're like 'why is it over there?'

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think you should move the Post New Thread Button over to the left.

Noobs keep asking me where it is. I tell em it's on the left. They're like 'why is it over there?'
I personally think it's in the right place, most forum's have the controls over there, even the post reply/other buttons are aligned towards the right.

As a default suggestion I say no, people can just customize it and make it move to the left if they wish I'm sure some edit's can do that :P

I personally think it's in the right place, most forum's have the controls over there, even the post reply/other buttons are aligned towards the right.

As a default suggestion I say no, people can just customize it and make it move to the left if they wish I'm sure some edit's can do that :p
I like this set up below much better. Looks more natural.

movethread.webp

I tried to do some css stuff but it seems moving the nodeListNewDiscussionButton to float: left; only works on forums without sub-forums listed inside.

Hmm, in a way your image does look better, maybe I'm just too used to the way it is now :P

I tried to do some css stuff but it seems moving the nodeListNewDiscussionButton to float: left; only works on forums without sub-forums listed inside.

Hmm, in a way your image does look better, maybe I'm just too used to the way it is now :p
That's just a MSPaint mock-up. I haven't moved anything yet. You moved it in EXTRA.CSS?

That's just a MSPaint mock-up. I haven't moved anything yet. You moved it in EXTRA.CSS?
Yes, in extra .css

.nodeListNewDiscussionButton {
float: left !important;
}

but that only moves it to the left on forums which have sub-forums, sadly on forums which have no sub forum it stays next to the breadcrumb.

Yes, in extra .css

.nodeListNewDiscussionButton {
float: left !important;
}

but that only moves it to the left on forums which have sub-forums, sadly on forums which have no sub forum it stays next to the breadcrumb.
Oh okay. Hmm. Guess I'll play around with it tomorrow. I'm curious to see if I can get it to work.

Oh okay. Hmm. Guess I'll play around with it tomorrow. I'm curious to see if I can get it to work.

I think it would look great on the left (the way it is in your mock up) as well, let us know if you get the edit working in all forums! I'll try and play around and see if I can get it as well.

I moved everything back to the right so I don't care about this anymore. It makes sense for it to be on the right if your sidebar is on the right. If your sidebar is on your left though then the post new thread button is an a very inconvenient position. Back then I had my site's sidebar on the left, which is why I had created this thread. I moved everything back to the right because some posters were having trouble viewing the user info bar in old versions of IE, but some members agree that the site looked better when everything was on the left though.

Top Bottom