1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move terms and rules into Contact Us bar

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by jauburn, Dec 3, 2011.

1. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

I have a branding free version of xenforo, so the only thing at the bottom of the board is the Terms and Rules text, hanging over to the right, which is a waste of space and looks stupid. How can I move that (and the forthcoming privacy statement) into the bottom bar that contains Contact Us, Home, Top, and so forth? Thanks.

Andy.N likes this.
  2. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

In template 'footer' find:
    HTML:
    <xen:hook name="footer_links_legal">
    <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}"><li><a href="{$tosUrl}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li></xen:if>
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}"><li><a href="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
    </xen:hook>
    select and cut

in same template somewhere at the top find:
    HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>
    paste below above code

Done.

3. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

In the footer template, this is the code for the terms and privacy policy;
    Code:
                <ul id="legal">
                    <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}"><li><a href="{$tosUrl}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}"><li><a href="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
                </ul>
    Cut that from there and just a few lines up you'll see;
    Code:
    <span class="helper"></span>

Paste it above that and it should show it in the same bar as Contact Us etc.

EvilSS likes this.
  4. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

Thanks to both of you. I tried the first method, and it put the words at the end of the bottom bar. I wonder what the second method would do? Also, how would I get the terms and rules text after Contact Us?

5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

If you exclude the <u> tags it should not change the order, tried it before posting.

Find:

HTML:
    <li><a href="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.custom}" {xen:if {$xenOptions.contactUrl.overlay}, 'class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"'}>{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
    below that, add:

HTML: